• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Cluster suddenly lost power non-rallye dash

rodcuda

Reaction score
Cluster suddenly lost power non-rallye dash, my fuel gauge and temp gauge quit at the same time, everything else seems to be working. all fuses are good and could not find any obvious issues. Any suggestions on what to look for or a possible culprit?

Thanks in advance

SonofaGun71'

Reaction score
more than likely the voltage limiter attached to the back of your cluster.
there are a lot of posts on how to check your voltage limiter, u can get a aftermarket one on ebay for 30 bux or there are posts on building your own for around 10bux GL

Dutch 165

Reaction score
I would replace the factory limiter with a solid state unit from RTE cheap insurance against major burnout of gauges.

Milkmann

Reaction score
I had somewhat the same problem, got a new voltage limiter from Dash Worx, stuck it in and thought my problems were over. Put the dash the rest of the way together and the gauges didn't work!!

Found that my real problem was the plug in front of the firewall was not plugged in tight enought to hook. Sometimes it made a connection, sometimes not. Took it loose, scraped all the connectors, and reassembled with lost of dielectric grease. I expect my problem is fixed, but I won't know for sure until after I drive it for a while.

redlinegw

Reaction score
If the gauges didnt get burnt then usually you can just replace the voltage limiter. Redline Gauge Works has new solid state limiters for $39 with a 2 year warranty, call and ask for Shannon at (661) 259-8891 he can walk you thru on how to test your gauges before you purchase a regulator.

Back