• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Complete fuel system question

stevepoppop

Reaction score
When I got my 70 Challenger R/T last year, the fuel tank was missing and the filler tube was the only part of the fuel system and it was in the back seat. I’m pretty sure I’ve got the parts I need, but I’m not sure exactly what sequence to assemble everything. I know that the filler tube can be tough to get into the rubber on the tank. Can anyone tell me how the flip out gas cap and the filler tube mount together? Are there gaskets or rings between them?
Also, should there be a gasket between the sending unit and the tank?
Ideally someone has a breakdown picture showing all the parts.
Thanks for any help

stevepoppop

Reaction score
When I got my 70 Challenger R/T last year, the fuel tank was missing and the filler tube was the only part of the fuel system and it was in the back seat. I’m pretty sure I’ve got the parts I need, but I’m not sure exactly what sequence to assemble everything. I know that the filler tube can be tough to get into the rubber on the tank. Can anyone tell me how the flip out gas cap and the filler tube mount together? Are there gaskets or rings between them?
Also, should there be a gasket between the sending unit and the tank?
Ideally someone has a breakdown picture showing all the parts.
Thanks for any help
I was directed to the shop manual for my answers. All set. Should have looked there first

Back