• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Coolant recommendation

Juan Veldez

Reaction score
Here is my take: Use soft water, not tap water. Water does the cooling, but you don't want more chemicals and minerals in it that corrodes metals. Anti-freeze stops water from freezing, stops the water from boiling at a lower temperature, and it also has lubricating and anti-corrosion properties. So, the more water the better cooling. If you are not in an area that freezes, you do not need as much anti-freeze, use a little more water in the ratio (60-40ish). But understand you still need it to stop it from boiling under extreme heat and the other useful properties. As far as fluid type and changing over, see this article:
Question: Any one use the additive product "Water Wetter"? I have had friends with motors that ran very hot use it and it came down around 10 degrees. Any other success or failure stories?

Last edited:

Adam

Reaction score

I also remember what started me down this path. In 1994 I leased a new Ford T-bird as my commuter car. Literally drove in home from the dealer and it was leaking coolant on the driveway. Turned out to be a loose clamp on a heater hose, no big deal. Anyway, there was a decal on the radiator fill tank that warned to use straight coolant only, which I thought was odd. Since then I have had many new cars and can’t think of one that didn’t take straight coolant.

Last edited:

Titan1969

Reaction score
Anyone have a big block and try the "Be Cool" brand coolant? Mancini recommended it, but I haven't tried it yet.

Running pretty hot and trying as many options as possible (tuning, etc), and was wondering if this coolant improved a bit.

Thanks
I tried Be Cool in my running to hot 440 Challenger I had. Did nothing for me. So after messing around with tstats, coolant and rads...I finally put the Fan Guard back on...walla! never had a heat issue again.

ted s

Reaction score
i own a 94 ford it recomends a 50/50 mix of coolant and water

ted s

Reaction score
Back