• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

cuda front bumper fit

cuda joe

Reaction score
just put a new amd front bumper on my 71 cuda it looks like it;s to high in the middle but the ends aren;t i can;t drop the bumper down anymore .. also from a side view how are the bumper ends orientated pictures would help alot thanks guys

cuda joe

Reaction score
I made the bumper ends where it wraps around the fender level on the top i am beginning to think the ends should be kicked up that would bring the middle of the bumper down maybe ? i don;t know.. how does your front bumper look or does anyone know how it came out of the factory. I;m getting it ready for the hotrod power tour when i retire soon

1972 AAR Cuda

Reaction score
I made the bumper ends where it wraps around the fender level on the top i am beginning to think the ends should be kicked up that would bring the middle of the bumper down maybe ? i don;t know.. how does your front bumper look or does anyone know how it came out of the factory. I;m getting it ready for the hotrod power tour when i retire soon
I believe if you can rotate the bumper to some degree - bringing the sides (tips) up would bring the center (middle) down. I believe it could be done with the mounts, but you might have to elongate the mounting points. Another thought - were the old mounting brackets used and was the old bumper damaged in a way that would have tweeked the brackets?

cuda joe

Reaction score
thanks for your reply yes the bumper was hit a little so the brackets were tweeked i was working on them yesterday getting them to line up to the holes and to get the top of the ends to sit level now i wonder if they are supposed to have the ends tilted up

heminut

Reaction score
Random pic from the 'net;

2420_dsc_0073.jpg

cuda joe

Reaction score
thanks why didn;t i think of looking at pics on the web

cuda joe

Reaction score
got the bumper to fit perfect now with the ends kicked up a little the middle came down. i took my time alot of removing and massaging the brackets can;t wait for spring ..happy motoring everyone

Back