• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Cuda gas tank filler neck

Kato'

Reaction score
I am trying to remove the filler neck for the fuel tank on my 71 Cuda , any hints? I watched a YouTube video on a challenger and they said push the neck into the tank and twist. This cannot be done on mine for some reason because the flange that attaches to the rear valance is on the outside of the valance so I can only pull out. I have tried to pull it out but it doesn’t seem to want to come I don’t want to break it is there a trick. Thanks

Kato'

Reaction score
I am trying to remove the filler neck for the fuel tank on my 71 Cuda , any hints? I watched a YouTube video on a challenger and they said push the neck into the tank and twist. This cannot be done on mine for some reason because the flange that attaches to the rear valance is on the outside of the valance so I can only pull out. I have tried to pull it out but it doesn’t seem to want to come I don’t want to break it is there a trick. Thanks

70chall440

Reaction score
I find it useful to twist the tube to break the seal, they can be a pain sometimes to get out if they have been in for a long time.

Rich G.

Reaction score
I’m sure the rubber seal is frozen to the neck. Try to cut some of the rubber seal off and spray some WD40 or something around the neck

Back