• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Cuda Grill Stripe Color

Rishi

Reaction score
The color of the red stripe within those plastic pieces found across the Cuda grill are a challenge to resolve. I'm restoring a 1970 grill and this stripe is pretty faded and even worn away in some areas. When I compare other grill stripes in better condition, I must say the official color is not easy to discern. It's definitely painted, but thinly applied over black plastic, so the black may affect the paint's actual color in appearance.

The color seems too red to be the Hemi Orange found on many HP engines, but too orange to be the (Plymouth) Rallye Red.

Presuming it's a standard color for the 1970 model year, when I review the dealer paint color ships both Dodge and Plymouth, there are a few colors in this range:
CodeName
K-2Go Mango/Vitamin C
V-2Hemi Orange/Tor-Red
E-5Bright Red/Rallye Red

Does anyone know if it's any of the above colors? Or is the stripe another?

larry4406

Reaction score
Maybe Mike Ross at BEA Restoration knows. That guy was reproducing grills and is a wealth of knowledge. I think he goes by "HemiCuda" on Moparts.

pschlosser

Reaction score
Maybe Mike Ross at BEA Restoration knows. That guy was reproducing grills and is a wealth of knowledge. I think he goes by "HemiCuda" on Moparts.
Thanks for the lead.

I may need to just test and try the colors out on see which one matches best. I'm still holding to the idea the stripe is a standard color. As you can see in the photo, they are faded and worn.
IMG_2134.jpg

MoparCarGuy

Reaction score
I redid my grille stripe using red pin striping.
It took very little time and nobody has ever noticed any difference.
Understandable if you are seeking factory correct color and paint application.
:popcorn:

Back