• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Cuda overhead console

douglas17

Reaction score
The only additional brace is shown in previous pictures, where the big white tag is shown hanging from the roof in center of car. The consol hangs from the molded head board with studs and nuts. With out the head board about the only option is to place a piece body metal from support in center of roof to support above wind shied, where rear view mirror attaches. put in before head liner and attach consol with sheet metal screws to hold in place. Be careful not to screw up thru roof:elmer:

Cojohnso

Reaction score
The only additional brace is shown in previous pictures, where the big white tag is shown hanging from the roof in center of car. The consol hangs from the molded head board with studs and nuts. With out the head board about the only option is to place a piece body metal from support in center of roof to support above wind shied, where rear view mirror attaches. put in before head liner and attach consol with sheet metal screws to hold in place. Be careful not to screw up thru roof:elmer:
Yeah. So this was by design for Gran Coupes with this option? Don't think I'm going to mess with this. My 70 Cuda was heavily modified in the 70s for drag racing. I thought it might be an option for race switches. And or warning lights. Like oil pressure loss. Or parachutes switch.

NorCal_mike

Reaction score
Does the console come out in one piece with the fiberboard headliner? Or does it mount through headliner to the interior of roof? Trying to remove mine.

douglas17

Reaction score
you must remove headliner totally. This means all the trim around headliner , rear window, piller post covers, sun visors, rear view mirror and seat belts above doors if so equipped. so a large job ahead of you. Once headliner is out remove nuts from console and drop it away from head liner. PS there is 2 screws that go up thru the dome light trim once you remove the dome light, there in the metal piece at the rear, Good luck and find you a couple of buddies to help with this project so as not to break your headliner they are impossible to find. there are repos but scarce also. New original upholstery was available from Dante,s Mopar in New Jersey, that's where I purchased mine, nice stuff. Going to get mine done soon so can reinstall in car.

moparblood

Reaction score
want to mount to a dart sport, i have console and new headliner.
how does it mount? should i fix it to headliner, then install.
or after headliner is up? and what to mount it to?

Back