• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Cuda upgrade to power steering & disc power brakes

Cudakev70

Reaction score
Howdy! Seeking info to convert to PS & PB's, disc. I am NOT a motorhead, just drive it & looking for input on what to purchase. I have a mechanic that will install. Would sincerely appreciate support. Txs in advance!
Kev

HooToTheCore

Reaction score
Howdy! Seeking info to convert to PS & PB's, disc. I am NOT a motorhead, just drive it & looking for input on what to purchase. I have a mechanic that will install. Would sincerely appreciate support. Txs in advance!
Kev
Both conversions are not too difficult with stock parts. For power steering, you'll need a power steering pump, brackets to mount it to the engine and may need a crankshaft pulley with an additional belt drive. You'll need a power steering gearbox and hoses to connect to the pump.

For power brakes, you'll need a power brake booster and compatible master cylinder. You'll likely need brake lines that will properly connect to the relocated master cylinder. Also need a vacuum line that connects the intake manifold to the booster. Not real sure of the 340 intake setup, so don't know what already exists.

MoparCarGuy

Reaction score
The Doctor Diff Stage 2 kit includes the caliper brackets for the larger 11.75" rotors (commonly called 12" rotors).
You will need 15" wheels as @Challenger RTA noted above and the spindles to accept the the larger caliper brackets if you do not have those.
Here are the photos of the Stage 2 kit and the larger caliper bracket. The site has a minor issue with displaying the product photos.

If 15" wheels are not in your plan, select the Stage 1 kit with the smaller rotors (10.95").

1175-front.jpg
1175-back.jpg

JKCuda

Reaction score
Just put a borgeson PS kit in mine. Haven’t driven it yet but install was very easy. Smaller footprint and looks clean, plus quick ratio so no messing with the pitman arm.

Back