• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Darn spammers, something car related!

DetMatt1

Reaction score
A Sunday without a car related post would be tragic, so here is a pic of my new induction system. Not for my Challenger but they are `70 date coded carbs on a b engine intake. This will go on my Runner quite nicely right?.:)

IMG_4048_2.JPG

res1vw21

Reaction score
lol I was going to say it don't line up right

chasduster

Reaction score
Looks good,,,you may want to use a whole tube of silicone for that one LOL

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Thanks everyone, I'm taking donations for all of the silicone that I'll need now.
Moparal, you seriously don't have carbs for that beast?. There are several sets on Ebay right now and some deals can be had. I remember waching these consistently going for $1,800.00, carbs and intake, and now they can be had for the $1,000.00 to $1,400.00 range and just the carbs for less. I picked these up locally from a friend who has been dealing Mopar parts for a long time. Now I just need an air cleaner assembly.

moparal

Reaction score
I was going to take my carbs off of my 6pk car and use them to break the engine in. I have an M1 tunnel ram setting on the table behind the 499 for it in the picture. I will be running 2 660 holleys on it eventually if I dont sell the engine. I am not sure why I built it. Just the need for speed I guess...lol

What is the build going to be on your engine?

DetMatt1

Reaction score
2 directions I could go right now, I have a standard bore 383 short block that is in good shape that I will likely rebuild this winter. Nothing to special, just looking for a nicely balanced rotating assembly and I'm not even going to bore it if I don't have to. Looking for a comp. ratio of 10.5 to 1 or so.. I would like to use aluminum heads and I am thinking Edelbrocks, not sure on the cam yet , just something that will work well with that intake and carbs. Roller tip rockers. I'm not looking to go racing with it, I live in the Detroit area and there is always some serious cruising going on on Woodward Ave. and that is what I am all about. Almost forgot, the Road Runner is a 4 spd. car. The second option is not for sure yet, but I know of a complete `69 Road Runner drivetrain including radiator and K-member that is all fresh and ready to install. If I went that way, I would just swap out the intake and carbs and run the six barrel. I should know more about that oportunity soon.
Looks like you have a nice set-up there, shop and all, Moparal.

moparal

Reaction score
I just made my last shop payment nov 1st. I had to build it in phases. I finally got heat installed and inner walls back in August. I'm sure with what you are building will be a blast on Woodward . A true 10.5/1 comp engine always make good power

chasduster

Reaction score
good stories guys ...I wish I had the money for a six pac set up...maybe next year LOL...

Back