• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Plan for my 70 Challenger Convertible

TripleBlk70

Reaction score
Right now my thumbnail pic shows the state of the '70 convertible I bought, but my plan is to bring it back to life in a classic style with black paint and chrome etc like the pic below. My car has a shaker hood, which is super cool but otherwise I love the classic lines and style of how these cars came from the factory. I plan to put a 440 in mine, with a FiTech 6-pack on top, probably with a 727 although I do have a Tremec 6 speed I could use if I really wanted to go that route.

BTW, the car below is a 1970 Challenger Convertible that sold @ auction earlier this month for $122,000.

1706463174943.png

I briefly considered doing something similar to the hardtop below, and while I think restomods have their place, that look isn't for me - for my challenger.

1706463233059.png

cuda joe

Reaction score
beautiful car triple black i would consider a small block to keep the weight down in the front since the back is so light a better balanced car better handling

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
Beware of Fitech. We have used dozens of their kits with countless issues. ECM's, connectors, electrical/electronics etc. Cheap Chinese everything. Throw it all away and build all of your own harnesses with quality grade Deutsche type water tight connections and wiring.

TripleBlk70

Reaction score
Well in the time since I first posted this I decided to go with a (late model) 392 hemi & 8spd trans. It's from a 2020 scat pack challenger and (for me) will be the right balance of HP/torque and drivability.

Regarding FiTech, it never ceases to amaze me how raising that name brings out the daggers. Seems like there's a lot of vocal opposition to them, and not just here. All I can say is my last build was a 55 chevy with a built 350 small block, and I put a FiTech system up top after comparing them to the Sniper (at the time). The system worked great out of the box and I've had no issues in ~5 years with it. Based on that experience I would use their product again if needed.

To the point about wiring, I actually do all my own wiring and am more than a bit anal retentive about it so maybe that played a role in why I didn't have any issues. Regardless, since I'm going with the 392 I obviously won't be going the FiTech 6-pack route.

don selleck

Reaction score
just our opinion of what we have ran across. I had a fitech 3x2 looked cool, ran ok hard to keep tuned. have seen alot better results from the newer holley products, good luck.

Back