• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Dash turn signals len

gran coupe john

Reaction score
Ordered new lenses, this is what they sent. Is there a trick to get these mounted, or are these the wrong lenses??

20231030_133815.jpg

20231030_133831.jpg

Xcudame

Reaction score
As you can see in your picture of the bezel, they were sealed into the bezel with a circular tool that melted the plastic around the edges holding them in place. Do you have access to a lathe to machine a piece of steel the correct diameter and wall thickness?

gran coupe john

Reaction score
The center red lens I took out said Oil, but the one sent says brake. Is that an oil light, or brake light?

Xcudame

Reaction score
Standard dash right? Middle is BRAKE and far right is OIL on a 70 standard dash any way. Also a soldiering iron could be used, just wouldn't look like the factory.

IMG_20231030_181136613.jpg

gran coupe john

Reaction score
Hey guys thanks!! Anyone need the rally dash lenes? So my 71 barracuda has a 70 dash. Is that because it was built in 1970?

gran coupe john

Reaction score
I seen a lot of lines on the net, but none like the ones I need. Any suggestions??

Xcudame

Reaction score
There has always been overlap of early year built cars having the previous year's parts and late year built cars having the next year's parts.

Steve340

Reaction score
All Cuda and Barracuda got the standard dash unless you ticked the option box for the Rally dash.
This was the same as the JH base model Challenger. In 1970 the standard Challenger cluster was a one year only style and 1971-74 it was the same gauges as the Barracuda.
With Challenger RT the rally dash was standard - not so for the Cuda.

I am not sure the standard dash indicators are even being repoped. I looked on Mega Parts and they do not appear to stock them.
Buy a replacement second hand bezel or buy a cracked one cheap to get the lenses.

The pic that XCUDAME posted of the cluster shows the correct layout and position for the standard dash lights.

Xcudame

Reaction score
Performance Graphics claims to have the plastic lenses. On the link I posted above, 70 comes up, but there's a tiny pull down arrow where you can select between 70 and 71-74. I have never ordered these plastic lenses myself though.

gran coupe john

Reaction score
Thanks,

I have not been around these cars since the 70s. To put one back together has been challenging!!! All who has responded to my questions have been a huge help.

Thanks again for all the superb knowledge

Back