• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Disc brake anti rattle clip question

Cud@

Reaction score
Just thought I would ask if anyone knows whether or not the anti tattle clips are necessary on the outside of the front disc brake pins that hold the caliper and brake pads in place. Seems not too many people sell them and they are expensive plus when I removed the front calipers and pads from the donor car I purchased the anti rattle clips were not there. I appreciate any feedback I can get on this.
Thank you

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I have seen rebuilt calipers that include the clips , I know I have spares but they are 5000 miles away

Cud@

Reaction score
The rebuilt calipers I bought came with the rubber inserts and anti rattle wires. I ended up buying the anti rattle (or positioning clips as their called sometimes) from Year One, they were on sale for $59 plus tax, shipping, and $2.50 for insurance. This was the least expensive that I found them, thanks for the feedback!

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
I believe Rock Auto sells rebuilt calipers with the clips , might be cheaper to just replace everything
The pin type had clips once they changed to the slider type no clips were needed

Back