• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Does the Hotchkis TVS require any welding to install.

01freeman

Reaction score
Does the Hotchkis TVS suspension upgrades involve any welding. i have painted my car and now have decided to upgrade the suspension. I know i should have done this before it was painted. Any ways. what do you guys recommend. does this Hotchkis unit just bolt on and go or is there welding required.

Amechnut

Reaction score
I have most of that kit on my car. If you are adding their rear sway bar you will need to weld some brackets to the frame. As I recall that's the only welding required. Wait if you are installing their front sway bar you will need to cut /weld one brace to get the bar in. The upper A arms are bolt in as well as the frame connectors. Best place I have found o get their stuff is Summit, they are cheaper than I can buy them from Hotchkis and I know John Hotchkis, met him at his shop they have a mopar show there every year but Summitt sells cheaper than Hotchkis. Overall good stuff, but pricey. I am changing mine out going with tubular K frame and rack n pinion.

Back