• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

E body and other mopar oddities.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
I think it is odd. In the early 70's, cruise at 65 mph as long as the four barrel didn't kick in. I would get 22 mpg on the Turnpike. I would make it to the base on less than a tank of gas. And there was sill plenty of boost when I kicked the Thermoquad in. I still have my Dodge 340 4sp.
1709835585885.jpeg

Last edited:

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
I think I found the original prototype car of the M46 option Idea. Would you like to see it? I'm not sure what the scoop is all about.

Last edited:

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
I think I found the original prototype car of the M46 option Idea. Would you like to see it? I'm not sure what the scoop is all about.
Instead of diluting this thread, let's discuss it over here on the M46 List thread.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
I can say that I seen a picture of shipmate had of his brothers. He was selling it for a whopping $1800 back in the early 70's. I do remember him pointing out the M46.If I recall it was a 383 with the billboard. I have always been watching for ever since.

HPP

Reaction score
Back in the mid '80s, in my town there was a Superbird that was driving around with '70 Super Bee nose on it. I imagine it was in a wreck and damaged the nose cone, they couldn't find replacement parts, so on went the Dodge parts. Back then parts weren't easy to find and your search was limited to local newspapers, unless you made the effort to go to a major show.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Was it a red one?
@HPP

The reason I ask is because my superbird wing came off of a 70 superbee that was red. It came out of Arizona but was in Colorado Springs in the 80's. Used to sit at a mechanics shop on Platte Blvd.
That car T boned a truck and destroyed it. I have the motor, ram air parts and of course the superbird wing that is on my 67 barracuda.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Yeah! I know it's not Mopar, but they want me to drink the Koo-Aid! Like this would make me feel safe and secure at any time. This might.
1712625097922.png
1712589517036.png

Last edited:

heminut

Reaction score
:rofl:I was issued a brand new 1993 Chevy Impala police car, one of our first 'take home' cars in 1992. That thing went 3 weeks before the power steering pump froze up. The pumps were on national back order and the dealership couldn't get a replacement. After 2 weeks I called GM customer service and explained the situation to them, telling them "I have people asking me what happened to my new police car, and I have to tell them it broke and they don't have the parts to fix it!" The dealership brought my car to my house the next day ready to go! Seems someone from General Motors called them and told them to pull a power steering pump off of a new car on the lot and get the damn thing back to me!

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
I was thinking this was a heard of elephants at a glance. Now I see it as a parade. Being in rank and file. They are becoming extinct.
1712926357327.png

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
The Amish buy one buggy in their lifetime. Some might think they are so far behind. But when it all goes down they are so far ahead.
1713194190076.jpeg

Back