• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

E body and other mopar oddities.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
moved from an other post. While were kinda on the subject. This is someones idea.I think it was in OHIO. I think a air grabber would have been a better choice. See if you can identify the other parts.

1702738038544.jpeg

1702827081017.jpeg

Maybe the builder had the foresight and had this in mind. But not the parts.

Last edited:

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Challenger, The 71 Charger R/T & 500 taillights louvers. I think that should have been a part of the rear louver window package. I would have been a nice touch.
1702743838082.jpeg

Last edited:

EW1BH27

Reaction score
I think the OP wanted us to find other oddities in his posted picture, ie: grille.
That said, here's one from the Nat's ages ago, nice dashpad too.
IMG_20231216_0001.jpg

Xcudame

Reaction score
The Plumb Crazy 71 Challenger Wagon reminds me of the old Harold and Maude movie were Harold made a mini hearse out of the Jaguar his mom bought him!

The first picture looks like it has an old 300 center grill and perhaps the headlight as well. The mirrors look to be not from any Chrysler product. The turn singles look like rear taillights from an early 60s Fury only they're too small. The center hood scoop looks like it's from a Ford Torino. It's definitely fugly!

The stupid (prototype?) bumper on the 70 Plumb Crazy Challenger is ugly, but it doesn't help it sticks too far out in front of the car!

The red Challenger wagon with the hideous nose cone is ugly!

The Challenger with the homemade (AAR Cuda?) air scoop looks like a hack job, but might be able to blend it in better with some more body work.

The rest of the vehicles actually look pretty decent.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
XCUDAME. I would say correct on the grill. I was thinking the headlights were from a 60's Chrysler LeBron or other. Not sure on the turn signals. Thinking the turn signals were from late 60's Barracuda, but there not. no crosshair on lens. my same thought as yours. Ford hood scoop as you said. I agree on the rest of your observation.

Last edited:

DetMatt1

Reaction score
XCUDAME. I would say correct on the grill. I was thinking the headlights were from a 60's Chrysler LeBron. Not sure on the turn signals. my same thought as yours. Ford hood scoop as you said. I agree on the rest of your observation.
As an Imperial enthusiast I must Correct your statement. There’s no such thing as a ‘60’s Chrysler LeBaron, They were Imperial LeBarons. That would be like saying Ford Continental or General Motors Coupe DeVille.:poke:

Challenger RTA

Reaction score

DetMatt1

This is what I was referring to. 65 Chrysler Imperial Le baron. Be I right or stand corrected.You are probably more informed.Thanks.
For Sale: 1965 Chrysler Imperial Lebaron in Milbank, South Dakota
1702817335105.jpeg

In mid 70's when I was working in garage. A gentleman brought one in for repairs. I called it a Chrysler and he corrected me. That, just me.

The Chrysler Corporation spun off the Imperial as a separate luxury make and division in 1955. LeBaron was designated the top-of-the-line Imperial models from 1956 through 1975.[1][2][3][4] These cars were Imperials and did not include the "Chrysler" nameplate. Vehicles branded "LeBaron" were the top model of the Imperial line, followed by the mid-line "Crown" and a short-lived nameless base model ("Custom" from 1960 until 1963); with "Southampton" being a sub-designation applied to all pillarless hardtops.

The Imperial LeBarons were made to compete directly with competitor's luxury brands that included Continental, Cadillac, and Packard, as was the case during the 1930s.

The last Imperial model was assembled in June 1975, the discontinuation due to dwindling sales.

Last edited:

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Again, they should be leaving the “Chrysler” out of that ad. You never see ads that read Ford Lincoln Continental, right?

Back