• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

E body front door side glass install rundown

ph23vo

Reaction score
put my side glass in today..its not too bad just make sure you put duct tape around those sharp openings..i did and it saved me some scrapes i,m sure.. here' s a quick run down..

[1] regulator in first

[2] front track lower bracket only in..remove guide rail from it [allen bolt]..bolt lower bracket in and snug it..

[3] slide front track onto glass

[4] slide glass into door [see gap in upper metal door frame for track to go into] and tilt it forward as it goes in..hold the front guide track so it does not slide off bottom nylon holder

[5] get front track bolted to lower front bracket [i used an old tape roll to support glass in bottom of door to line up hole]

[6] if you took off any guides on outer door frame put them on now... also put on outer cat whisker now if you are replacing them..

[7] connect glass to regulator [phillips screw up front, ..bolt with washer outside regulator lower slide , washer and gasket under it ] regulator slot slides in on top of washer with gasket

but below washer on the mounting bolt [pinches regulator between them]

[8] slide rear track in thru large hole in door..its really easy and goes right together..kinda sucks getting the top allen bolt back in but not bad..

good luck

Iguana

Reaction score
put my side glass in today..its not too bad just make sure you put duct tape around those sharp openings..i did and it saved me some scrapes i,m sure.. here' s a quick run down..

[1] regulator in first

[2] front track lower bracket only in..remove guide rail from it [allen bolt]..bolt lower bracket in and snug it..

[3] slide front track onto glass

[4] slide glass into door [see gap in upper metal door frame for track to go into] and tilt it forward as it goes in..hold the front guide track so it does not slide off bottom nylon holder

[5] get front track bolted to lower front bracket [i used an old tape roll to support glass in bottom of door to line up hole]

[6] if you took off any guides on outer door frame put them on now... also put on outer cat whisker now if you are replacing them..

[7] connect glass to regulator [phillips screw up front, ..bolt with washer outside regulator lower slide , washer and gasket under it ] regulator slot slides in on top of washer with gasket

but below washer on the mounting bolt [pinches regulator between them]

[8] slide rear track in thru large hole in door..its really easy and goes right together..kinda sucks getting the top allen bolt back in but not bad..

good luck
Thanks for the real world break down!

Back