• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Edelbrock RPM Air Gap Intake Finish

jjklongisland

Reaction score
So my car had an RPM Air Gap intake when I bought it but it was stained with oil etc. I degreased it and cleaned it up and sprayed it with a High Temp clear coat to keep it from staining. Clear coat is starting to peal and I dont know if I should have mine powder coated or just buy a new one and sell mine. A new one is $390 and I can probably sell mine for at least $150. What do you guys recommend?

DrEamer

Reaction score
Depends on the look you are going for, if you want the aluminum finish, then just have it bead blasted. If you want it the color of the engine, you will most likely need to blast it as well to get the clear off, then paint it. Powder coating can be a good option, but they have to blast it as well, so I would not buy a new manifold that they prepare the surface the same way if itis new or used.

73Machine

Reaction score
Agreed on what look you are going for. Also is it for a small or big block? The reason I ask is because I have a chrome RPM Air Gap for my 340 and would rather have a cast one. If you'd be willing to trade and go for that look I'll snap you a few pics to show you its condition.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
A new one is not powder coated & will deteriorate rapidly !
I would be porting it while it is off tho .

jjklongisland

Reaction score
I would up having mine glass beaded. Looks new. I guess we will see how long it lasts.

Back