• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Electric choke

73Banana

Reaction score
Hi, recently had the 360 rebuilt and the shop said I need a new carburetor. The carb has been on the vehicle for over 12 years and never had an issue. Also claims the electric choke doesn't work. Never was an issue either.
Carb is Edelbrock 750, with Edelbrock manifold and heads. Says 750 cfm is too much carb. No longer trust this shop and don't know if they are bullshitting me.
They may also have screwed up the initial push rods work and caused more damage, thus, the rebuild.
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

73Banana

Reaction score
Thanks ML, anyone else have any suggestions?
Much appreciated, am on a tight budget.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
750 is correct for a 360 but not a fan of eddy carbs .
The choke is easy to figure out it should close when cold & fully open very quickly once running

73Banana

Reaction score
750 is correct for a 360 but not a fan of eddy carbs .
The choke is easy to figure out it should close when cold & fully open very quickly once running
That is what I have been told. People seem to prefer Holley. Can I go from an electric choke to manual?
For me it is easier that way.
Thanks

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
My favorite Carb is Proform , best bang for the $$ IMO
you can convert to electric , manual or no choke at all , mostly these cars are only driven in warmer weather so I choose no choke , pump it twice , fire it up & keep it running for 45 seconds & you are good .

oldkimmer

Reaction score
I have ran many 750s on 360. I mostly had Carters. Eddy are the same thing basically. Kim

Back