• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Engine Swap

Reaction score
Hope this is ok, but I was not sure if I posted anything to my last post "Small to Big" if it would be seen, so I started a new post.
I have a 76-77 Cordoba with a big block in it (400 right?) and I am going to swap this into my 1973 Cuda. (318)
Wondering if all the parts will just bolt right in - or what will i need to change?

oil pan?

engine mounts- frame stands (do i transfer them over to the Cuda from the Cordoba or??)

trans should be the 727 correct? will the trans mount swap over?

i will probably need a new drive shaft, but i think the cuda already has the 8 3/4 as it has bolts for the center section on the trans side.

some one said I should look for a bracket on the trans so my stock slap stick shifter will work- can this just be moved over to the cordoba trans? (MD2540)

thank yo for the help, any tips would be appreciated

burdar

Reaction score
BB and SB k-members are the same on E-bodies. A BB will bolt right inplace of a SB. The late B-bodies used an isolated subframe....it had rubber bushings between the subframe and the body. The engine mounts could have changed so I'm not sure if they will work on the old style K-member. The Cordoba should have a 400BB and the trans would be a 727. The stock slapstick shifter uses a bracket bolted to the tailshaft of the trans to support the pivot rod that comes through the floor. The mounting point for the bracket was removed from the tailshafts at some point. You can look on your original trans to see what that mounting point looks like. Just make sure the replacement trans also has that mount. If not, you can just swap a different tailshaft onto that trans.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
You will need new mounts , Schumaker will have them , the driveshaft may work if you have the 727 behind the 318 , if you have the 904 the shaft will be too long . the rad will be tough to fit but you do need a big block rad , both engines will have the hoses in the same place but the 318 rad will nto b enough to cool the big block . If the cordoba has a floor / console shift the trans linkage will fit .

Reaction score
the Cordoba is a column shift-
have not heard of shumaker can you give more info on them please?

thank you

Back