• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Exhaust Drone

maugrego

Reaction score
1973 challenger anyone have any expertise with exhaust drone I have a built small block apx 11-1 with edelbrock heads intake and carb eng converted to roller cam and rockers shorty headers with a nice exhaust system all the the way to the chrome tips through flowmasters 42541 in front of the axle 4 speed and 390 gears the drone is bad bad bad. would resonators help alot and where to put them. it sounds really nice at idle its just that your head feels like its going to impload at 45 mphs thanks for any ideas

moparlee

Reaction score
Get rid of the flowmasters and put on a set of the original round mufflers back along side the gas tank. Don't need the resonators unless you want quieter yet. Mine are just fine without the resonators.

quapman

Reaction score
There's a reason we call them "Dronemasters".

maugrego

Reaction score
Get rid of the flowmasters and put on a set of the original round mufflers back along side the gas tank. Don't need the resonators unless you want quieter yet. Mine are just fine without the resonators.
Thank You very much

Back