• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Exhaust Manifold ID

tomps

Reaction score
Getting ready to put the manifolds back on my '70 Challenger 383 engine on the stand & for the life of me I can't find the heat stove/shield I took off. Anyway, started doing some research and I'm not sure I have the correct E-body manifolds?

This one seems alright....

photo3copy2_zps74e29a36.jpg

3787a6da-d50c-4f73-af2b-a34bc36e3208_zps1212dc11.jpg

This is the one that stumps me a bit. Been doing some google searches and haven't seen this one. I took the heat stove/shield off this one where the "fins" are.....

photo1copy2_zps00ac6425.jpg

photo2copy_zpsc402c047.jpg

Is this correct for a 70 Challenger?

-Mark

Last edited:

tomps

Reaction score
Ahhh.......that answers a question I'v been wondering.

I know the motor is not original but is a '70 according to ID plate next to distributor. Guess it came out of a "C" body possibly......

So I can use the RH manifold to keep it as period/original as possible. What would be the correct E-body LH manifold casting number to look for......is it possibly 2951865??

Thanks for the help moparleo :eek:ccasion14:

tomps

Reaction score
That is correct !

Cool. One last question, do you know if the flange matches up on both the 2951865 manifold I need and the 2951216 that I currently have? Been searching the net but can't find a straight answer. Wondering if my existing exhaust (which I was planning to run for now) will still bolt right up to the needed manifold or will I have to make some changes.

Thanks again for the help.....much appreciated!

-Mark

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
it will bolt to the engine no problem but the flange angle into the exhaust probably will be different

tomps

Reaction score
it will bolt to the engine no problem but the flange angle into the exhaust probably will be different

Just my luck lol! Guess I'll run this manifold for now while I search for the correct one. Did some looking and didn't see anything out there for sale on the correct manifold. The search is on......

Thanks for the info folks!

Back