• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

EZ Wiring kit- GM to 70 Challenger headlight switch

enforcer505

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I purchased an EZ wiring Kit due to my harness was destroyed with the previous owner. I decided to go with this kit to get the car up and running.

My question is in the kit it shows to hook up a standard GM headlight switch and I want to use my 70 challenger standard dash switches (Headlight and dimmer). Is there a wiring diagram out there that I can reference for that? I have the shop manual for a 70 but finding it confusing.

Any help would be great.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
To start this is the headlight wiring.The new wiring harness is it color compatible?
I would advise on doing a relay circuit. Last diagram upper right corner is the light sw. bottom of sw is power L1-bk* white trace. when powered on.Green feeds hi-low sw. black panel dimmer sw, There is three poistions on most switchs. off parking lights on and headlights on. you have to get the pin out of the sw that was to be used. and transfer to the switch you want to use.You may have to make p a jumper at the sw to feed something.
front_end_lighting_web.jpg

headlight relay Harness schematic.jpg

ralley_wiring_1_web.jpg

ralley_wiring_2_web.jpg

Last edited:

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
This is what i have to work with. This doesnt look color coded to mopar. I assume GM.

View attachment 97315View attachment 97316
Dome return: you don't have to use or you can. /Headlight power =red Black,that would be the black with white trace./green that feeds hi-low dimmer sw./ Dimmer power: Blue with yellow. I think they are referring to HI - LOW beam not a dim panel lights./Insta panel dimmer= brown: Dimmer for instrument panel: I think it's a dimmer circuit,that doesn't have to be used.because you wan't to use the factory dimmer.Right? (Insta panel dimmer- brown. LT park Brown and LF=Brown: parking light. they may all be common to each other.) Myself I would connect power to headlight power red/ blak and a test light brown connections. pull out to pack position test for power. pull to headlight position test red with black connection for power. or if you handy with a meter use a meter. I'm not that familiar with a GM sw but they all do the same function.off park on and headlight on. someone here may have done this already and confirm. Hope this help. just do one step at a time and it will eliminate any confusion.just cross over and match the colors.

Last edited:

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
May be this will make it simple. What was throwing me was the LT park= Brown.I I think it's LR park =brown for rear. miss print. they missed it buy one key. As I said I think the browns are all common. (for factory dimmer you will have to run a jumper from the point were it connects to head light sw brown or if in diagram panel dimmer brown wire is hot when on.) That feed the parking lights. If you have 3 browns they should all get connected together.parking light,Gm sw I'm not sure.

challenger head ligt sw. GM.png

Last edited:
Back