• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Factory AC Drain Question

1970GranCoupeCo

Reaction score
Can someone please tell me how the factory AC evaporator drain connects to the engine side of the firewall rubber drain? Is there a plastic tube that shoves into the rubber drain tube?

I ask because I am installing a Custom Auto Air retrofit in a non-factory AC car and I do not like their method of fabricating the drain tube...they have a clear poly tube that runs from the AC drain in the cabin straight forward to the engine side of the firewall and that just looks hockie...

I bought this rubber AC drain tube and I was hoping that the rubber would be a bit more thick (like a speedo grommet) and would be pushed into the firewall hole and stay put but instead it is very thin and pliable and if it does not have some kind of plastic tube to support it the thing will most likely just fall out.

Drain.jpg

Juan Veldez

Reaction score
Here are photos of my air box I just installed. There is a round tube that just sticks out of the firewall and your drain tube goes over that. Not sure how it is secured because the heater box tube on mine looks like it has been eaten away. I was gonna use the same contact cement that I used on the foam for the air box to attach it if it did not have a good enough pressure fit. Question - where did you get that drain hose?

Attachments

• 20210703_150633.jpg
    20210703_150633.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 156
  • 20210530_085736.jpg
    20210530_085736.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 170
Back