• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Factory ECU and TCU or aftermarket

junkyard

Reaction score
What is the opinion of everyone running the gen 3 hemi in a classic? Did you go with the factory ECU or Holley or ??? How about the TCU? I am planning on running the 8HP70 transmission but Holley says their computer will not operate it. All opinions are appreciated.

SFEbody

Reaction score
It plugs right into the trans connection, the round connection on the back passenger side of the tranny. Allows the drive by wire electric shifter as well

Last edited:

wish4hemi

Reaction score
Russell at Sound German Automotive can help with the 8HP70 as well. If you’re sticking with the 8-speed, I would highly recommend the factory ECU.

junkyard

Reaction score
Russell at Sound German Automotive can help with the 8HP70 as well. If you’re sticking with the 8-speed, I would highly recommend the factory ECU.
Do you have to send the factor one off to get it "jail broke" or something so you can cut some of the sensors off?

SFEbody

Reaction score
Hotwire auto has the complete package. And uses ALL the factory sensors. They send a computer back that matches your car engine. And in ECU for the transmission.

AUSTA

Reaction score
Holley have jumped the gun on the Terminator X Max for the 6.4 are doing all the marketing now no stock said it will be ready Christmas now they have added another month to the delivery date also on the E-body cast sump i have ordered a HTG GCU it looks pretty bare bones you must pay extra for the harness.The Hooker header are a good fit & well finished on the weld the pipes are 304 stainless but the collectors are steel with the O2 sensors sticking straight up.The tailshaft coupler ends up in the middle of the trans the floor cross member it could be good if a CNC guy could make up a smaller yoke to fit the 8HP70 it may save having to cut the cross member support

engine.jpg

Hooker.jpg

Last edited:
Back