• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Factory Radio and Speakers Clarification

340challconvert

Reaction score
I found a post on Facebook noting the interior picture of a 71 Cuda with a factory radio and the optional tape player on the console. The factory fader button was also there, next to the heater/ac controls as appropriate.
The poster indicates that the speaker grills on the door panels were factory for a convertible with the R36 option. (am fm with tape)

Quote from the poster: "Mine is a R36 with the multiplex for additional speakers which were put in the front doors (those are original speaker covers) and the multiplex knob near the A/C controls. The thumbwheel AM/FM stereo has the back pigtail for the cassette deck."

I thought additional speakers would have been on the dash with no other speakers available for the panels or rear.

Did the factory ever offer radio speakers installed on the door panels?
Never saw this before. (pic from posting) Always open to learning something new, but I do not think the owner is correct on this.

Dino2 (1).gif

(Nice options in this Cuda by the way, factory leather, woodgrain dress-up strips on the doors, power windows, rallye dash and the cassette player)

71 cuda interior.jpg

Last edited:

DetMatt1

Reaction score
I've never seen factory mounted speakers mounted on door panels but I haven't seen them all.

Back