• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Fender Tag...why???

rklein71

Reaction score
When I bought my car to make my own, the only thing I cared about was that it was a 71. BTW, I have the fender tag and a full broadcast sheet for it, although I would have gladly bought it without them.

6PKRTSE

Reaction score
I have never been a numbers matching date coded correct kind of guy, but I know the numbers and know what to look for. I always look at tags at shows just to verify for myself. However, I don't think any less of a nicely built car without a tag. I always build them nice and faster tham Chrysler did anyway. My 70' Challenger has a tag and is an original A66 340 car, but I built it my way for a street/strip car with a 528" Hemi with 2 stages of NOS.

20221001_151456.jpg

20221001_130926.jpg

20210915_171016.jpg

IMG_8664.jpg

IMG_8666.jpg

IMG_54301.jpg

Tom Berkebile

Reaction score
As many of you have commented. Many of us have modified our cars or bought them so modified by now the tag does't mean very much. That said, an originally built 6pk or Hemi; that tag may be worth more money than the actual car. I'm sure many of you have gone to the Nationals and see cars pulled from a swamp being sold for thousands just for that tag.
My car started life as a Y2, /6 in 72. I blew it up as quickly as I could (that was not easy) in the 80s and put a 383 in it. I painted it with a GM color called Pharaoh Gold and custom stripes. It's now coming back to life as a 71, Y3, 383 Billboard, Gran Coupe, 'CUDA. A total mish-mash. No value to an original /6, so the fender tag means nothing. However, I intend to put the tag back in as that is how (what was left of the original car) was born. I was only able to save about 35% of the original car from the rust monster. Many parts came from my crushed 71 GC and 72 Cuda.

MrMoparCHP

Reaction score
The tag has the VIN on it, although not the legal tag it will count as a second location for VIN verification at the DMV.

Alan

Back