• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Fitech questions

inprogress

Reaction score
Hey guys. I’ve just swapped my 74 auto challenger from a 360 to a 440. I bought the 600hp fitech kit and am wondering were to put my temp sensor?i have a port at the water pump housing as well as one in my edelbrock performer 440 intake just by the rear of the intake. Which should I use?

Stephen Hotz

Reaction score
I would say at the point that you will see the highest temp based on coolant flow.

rogue

Reaction score
I put mine on the intake right next to the sending unit for the gauge (my intake has two holes there)... that's where the stock sending unit is mounted anyway

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
WOW I am confused , the 440 has a dry intake I have never see a water temp port in a 440 intake ever , there is a spare plug beside the heater hose connections which I would use for water temp

tonysrt

Reaction score
For my install I bought an adapter that bolts on top of the manifold. It's a mesziere # wn0028u
and it is threaded to put the temp. sensor in. I bought it from Jegs or Summit. Make sure you put gasket between thermostat and the adapter.

Fishgutz

Reaction score
For my install I bought an adapter that bolts on top of the manifold. It's a mesziere # wn0028u
and it is threaded to put the temp. sensor in. I bought it from Jegs or Summit. Make sure you put gasket between thermostat and the adapter.
That’s on a small block, 383-440’s intakes don’t connect to the water jacket.

tonysrt

Reaction score
My engine has the thermostat on the water pump. That's were you put the adapter. The intake is dry not so much thermostat housing. I misspoke about manifold. I did mention gasket between thermo and adapter.

Fishgutz

Reaction score
My engine has the thermostat on the water pump. That's were you put the adapter. The intake is dry not so much thermostat housing. I misspoke about manifold. I did mention gasket between thermo and adapter.
Now I get it, I was a bit confused.

tonysrt

Reaction score
It is similar to a thermostat housing but is tapped to put in a temp. sender or sensor. I have this on a Gen 2 Hemi which is similar to the B motors with a dry manifold. Check it out on Jegs or Summit by putting in the stock # I gave you in previous post. Works great.

inprogress

Reaction score
Which one do you have? I have the 600hp classic black and for the life of me I can’t find out if I’m supposed to run an external pressure reg. The instructions say both. That it comes with an internal reg and in another part it says to set an external reg to 58 psi. It does the same thing with a return line to the tank. The throttle body doesn’t have a line to hook the return to. I’m so lost and have searched the net with no answers

tonysrt

Reaction score
I had the 2 throttle bodies on my hemi. After 2 years and accumulating 1400 miles on the unit I got stuck at a gas station and had to have the car flat bedded home. I sent it back to Fitech and the ecu went bad. They replaced it under warranty or it would have cost me almost $400 to fix. Since then I put carbs back on and no problems. I just lost faith in the unit to put it back on. I ordered the Edelbrock pro flow 4 and waiting for delivery at the end of January. Car ran okay when it was running. Car would not start Hot, but next day started alright, but again no hot start after driving it. There's a Fitech forum that you can get some good info on, but not for me. I think I got the biggest unit they had at the time because of the Hemi and maybe look to increase power down the road.

tonysrt

Reaction score
The best thing to do is put a pressure gauge on the feed line. My throttle body had a return fitting on it so I used that to go back to the tank. The unit I had was the 30064 and with the power adder to increase power to 1200 HP. I didn't use a regulator on the EFI, only put one on when I went back to the carbs. My pump put out 58psi.

rogue

Reaction score
sorry for my confusion... small block guy here... didn't realize BB intakes were dry

Back