• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

SOLD For Sale or Trade 73 Pro Street Barracuda

Status
Not open for further replies.

500duster

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
I have a 73 Pro Street/ Drag Barracuda i'm thinking of selling or trading. I currently have 5 old Mopars and I just don't use this one. I'm looking for something like a Road Runner, Sport Satellite, Super Bee, 63 or 64 Polara or Sport Fury, 65 Coronet or other old Mopar. I have 2 other E bodies, a 67 Coronet convertible and a 67 Barracuda notchback so i'm looking for something a little different. I feel cash price on this car is around $17500 but i'm open to other opinions. The car for sale is a 73 Barracuda. Originally a 340 car. It now has a .030 over 440 that has a steel crank, 6 pack rods, speed pro forged pistons. Compression is about 11:1. The cam is a .625 lift Crane solid roller with Comp Cams roller lifters, Dove roller rockers, the cam is driven by a Jesel belt drive. The heads are 906 with 2.14/1.81 valves and are ported and polished. Intake is a team G with 850 Holley. The car has an older small plate nitrous system that I only used a few times at the local track when they held a street car night. The car went 10.52 @ 128.56 mph. The converter is a Dynamic 9 1/2" with a reverse pattern 727 trans with a bolt in sprag. Rear is 8 3/4 with 4:56 Richmond gears and Strange axles and 3" screw in wheel studs. Rear tires are 18.5 X 31 x 15 Hoosier quick time pros. Rear half is S&W double adjustable ladder bar, aluminum tubs and floor, S&W 10 point cage. Wheels are Centerline. Car has 2 Holley blue pumps, 2 Fram filters and all braided fuel lines. 1 pump and line is dedicated for nitrous. 12 gal. cell mounted under removable panel. The hood, fenders, deck lid are fiberglass from U. S. Body source (medium weight fiberglass not the wavy light weight). The car had new 1/4 skins welded on when it was built in the mid nineties and the car has held up very well. the car is very straight and paint is very nice. The exterior is PPG base/clear and the underneath was painted with PPG single stage urethane. All lights, turn signals, wipers work. Hooker Super Comp headers with full 3" exhaust. Shifter is B&M 1/4 stick. Autometer tach, gauges, Moroso line lock. I'm sure I'm forgetting a lot of stuff. i have owned this car for 19 years. It is ready to run and needs nothing to start cruising or racing. i'm interested in trades that are ready to drive (no projects) or cash is always good. Contact me through this site. I work a ton of hours mon - Fri. so it might take a couple days to return messages.

HPIM0421.jpg

HPIM0406.jpg

HPIM0407.jpg

HPIM0408.jpg

HPIM0409.jpg

HPIM0410.jpg

HPIM0411.jpg

HPIM0412.jpg

HPIM0413.jpg

HPIM0415.jpg

HPIM0416.jpg

HPIM0419.jpg

HPIM0420.jpg

500duster

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If someone is definitely interested I can take the time to get some video and get it to them. I never tried posting video on this site or for A or B bodies only. It will take a few days. They are forecasting 4 to 6 inches of snow in my area within the next 24 hours. So much for an early summer.

AlleyoopMgv

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted it over on the B-Body site, thought it might get some attention over there also. Hope that ok with you? If not I can take it down. Bitchin' car, good luck with the sale!

What's your value on the car?

500duster

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Fine with me that you posted it on B bodies also. I thought about posting on A bodies also but was not sure if that was allowed. I feel the cash value on the car is around $17,500 in this market but i'm not sure if anything is selling right now. I have a lot more money than that in it. I would really rather trade straight up for one of the cars mentioned in the original post but cash is never a bad thing.

AlleyoopMgv

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, that's allowed, no problem at all. I know how you feel, I'm trying to sell my drag car also, but I would rather trade too.

500duster

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thinking of putting the car on EBAY. Any opinions or suggestions? I've never sold anything on EBAY. I see a lot of cars relisted over and over due to non-paying bidders. Anyone have any experience? Thanks

Nitrocide595

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I haven't bought/ sold a car there, but I can tell you, if you want to post it, have all these pics, a long written history, a bullet-list of all the parts in the car, and that vid up there. it'll draw attention for sure.

Just an idea, I haven't done anything with the site but look around, but "Racingjunk.com" is pretty good for this sort of thing I hear.

500duster

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've had the car on racing junk for 8 days now. I've had a lot of emails, some trade offers and some phone calls. One guy from Rhode Island was supposed to come last Saturday with cash and a trailer and take the car but he never showed up or got back to me. I have one good trade offer on a 65 Coronet Convertible but I already have a 67 Coronet convertible so i'm holding out for now. I found a 64 Fury and a 65 Belvedere but they are both cash deals so I need to sell mine first.

Nitrocide595

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ahhhh cool stuff though. good luck with the sale. I'm asking a few people I know if they're interested, but most of us are college-age and broke lol it's worth a shot though ;)

Wylde1

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm looking to trade up to a Road Runner or Charger myself ( think wing car clone ), but your car looks too tempting to pass up. If I had a passport, I'd be crossing the border with my dad's truck to bring that baby home. My dad who's in his mid 70's has his passport but I doubt he'd drive that far to get it for me.

How far are you from the nearest US / Canada border? PM me your lowest rock-bottom, no haggle price. And can you deliver for extra $$$ ?

I've got a local guy that wants my '71 Demon, but he seems more like a ball-buster and wants everything for free. Even if he doesn't take my Demon, I have cold hard cash for my next purchase. Let's talk.

Wylde1.

SSPX0350.jpg

Cuda360

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This may seem a dumb question but... Is this car street legal? Maybe put some less aggressive tires on the rear, slap a license plate on it and call it a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back