• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Front Bumper Torque Specs

Tirekickertoo

Reaction score
Hello,
I am looking for the correct torque specs for a front bumper on a 70 Challenger. I would like the bumper bracket to frame rail torque specs as well as the bumper to bracket torque specs. I looked thru my shop manual, but didn't see a torque specification page for this area of the car. Is there another manual (hardware manual) that is available for E-bodies that would list all of the torque specs?

Thanks for your help,

Tirekickertoo

rklein71

Reaction score
You are probably going to have to use a generic torque for the size of fastener. Tables are readily available online.

tonysrt

Reaction score
The 71 Manual doesn't list any torque specs for Bumpers. The 75 Manual only lists for C body cars only. Unless the specs are hidden somewhere else I couldn't find them. All they say is tighten bolt. Another Mopar secret.

volunteer

Reaction score
The bolts to frame rail are large so go with a 'generic' torque figure. Be sure to coat threads with something like copaslip or even ordinary grease, etc. as next time they are removed you don't want the stationary nuts to break loose - and turn with bolt. Also, do not over-tighten the chromed bumper bolts or they will easily 'cave in' the bumper surface. A 'locker-type' sealer on those (3/8") bolt threads a choice.

Back