• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

front floor pan help

bogdanator

Reaction score
hi
need help with front left floor pan patch, I was looking at AMD but looks diffrent then on my barracuda, any ideas who make it good ones that fit and are correct
thanks

Deathproofcuda

Reaction score
Assuming your car is a 70? The stiffening rib stamping pattern that AMD uses is not correct for 1970 E-bodies, they use the 71 and up stamping style. From what I have seen available online, Dynacorn, Sherman, and Goodmark have the correct stamping pattern, but you have to buy a full floor. I haven't seen a left front floor pan patch that is correct for 70s.

Sherman Pan - Sherman Parts SHE160-46CD Sherman Floor Pan Sections | Summit Racing
Goodmark Pan - Goodmark GMK2120505701 Goodmark Floor Panels | Summit Racing
Dynacorn - Dynacorn® 6066WT - Floor Pan

bogdanator

Reaction score
No my barracuda is 74 and driver side front floor from AMD is different from what i have on my car , other brands are correct but I don’t know about quality.AMD is flat towards the seat platform where on my car there is 2 ribs

Xcudame

Reaction score
Bogdanator, obviously AMD makes the best fitting parts, but if it's different from what is in your car, the AMD panel quality doesn't really help you. If either of the Goodmark or Sherman pan looks correct, use one of them. Just realize you will most likely need to perform more work on the panel to fit nice. Assuming your original floor pan is rusty, anything has to be better. If you can, post some photos of the problem so others can see and learn.

bogdanator

Reaction score
IMG_2985.JPG
405-1571-L-top.jpg

Deathproofcuda

Reaction score
Thanks for posting those pics to clarify the differences. That's pretty interesting. I've haven't seen a floor like yours and the photos of all the pans that I linked look different than yours, but I do see other options on the internet that are marketed as 70-74 E-body floor pans that have the additional ribs that your floor has.

Floor Pan Front 1970-74 Cuda Challenger Left Side E-Body Mopar USA Panel | eBay

Now I'm curious about when that change was made and why.

Xcudame

Reaction score
I can definitely see the difference. And the other three floor floor pans don't match your floor pan either. I would splice in the matching part of the ADM floor with my existing floor to keep it original as possible. Do you already have the ADM floor pan? I imagine it's harder to get parts in Poland as compared to the United States.

Xcudame

Reaction score
Deathproofcuda, our responses must have crossed. There is definitely a difference in floor pans. I too am curious as to the reason for the differences.

Deathproofcuda

Reaction score
I guess we should be thankful for the access to reproduction parts that we have, but it's frustrating how often they are incorrect. It still pisses me off that AMD makes a 1970 specific E-body floor pan but they couldn't be bothered to use the correct stiffening rib pattern on it, and instead just used the 71+ stamping. :BangHead:

I didn't notice the difference until just about to weld a portion of the AMD panel into my car. Just couldn't justify spending another $500 to buy and ship a full Sherman, Goodmark, or Dynacorn floor pan just for the 1 square foot of patch that I needed.

Xcudame

Reaction score
I agree, if the after market companies are going to make parts, they should make them correctly or let you know when they are not correct (i.e. "Ribbing not correct for 70 E-Body")! I haven't actually counted the numbers, but I think 70 Challengers and 70 Barracudas make up over 1/4 of all e-bodies. That's a sizeable market. But the aftermarket is about making money, not perfect parts

bogdanator

Reaction score
Did call AMD and ask about it but they didn’t have any answers.I purchased a floor pan from eBay made by Classic reproduction from Ohio. Looks correct like on my car, and yes it is difficult to get parts here in Poland so I buy them in US and have them shipped here by my friend in Chicago. Much cheaper that way
IMG_3065.jpeg

Xcudame

Reaction score
Bogdanator, glad you got the right part ordered and a good friend to send it to you! Here's hoping it all goes together well.

bogdanator

Reaction score
thank you all for help and good wishes ,I will do my best to make this car as original as passable , will post progress .wright now im just take it apart ,bag ,tag and make list of things I will need,
thanks again

Back