• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Front wheel offset

RUFF

Reaction score
Is anyone running a weld Draglight 15x8 with 235-60-15 on front of a Challenger. If so what offset? I'm thinking about these and running 15x10 with 295-50-15 on the rear of my 74 Challenger.

moparleo

Reaction score
8" generally won't fit the front without at least rolling the inner fender lips. The wheels would definitely have to be a standard or positive offset. It is easy to measure the back space that you have. Just remove the tire/wheel. Take a ruler or straight edge and place vertically against the drum/rotor face and measure from the back of the straight edge to the inner fender/frame. That will give you the number for the most backspace that you have. Now measure from the inner fender/frame to the inner fender lip and that tells you the max overall wheel width. Now these numbers are just to get you close. You also have to allow for the suspension height and allow for turning of the front wheels and allowing for suspension travel when turning. Bottom line is the you will most likely have clearance problems on the front tires and wheels in an 8" width. Unless you have a lot of positive offset on the 10" rims on the rear, you will also have clearance problems with the fenders hitting the edge of the tires. The most trouble free setup is 15 X7 on the front and 15 X 8" on the rear. They fit no problems with cutting or rubbing with the fenders.

RUFF

Reaction score
imagesMUV3ME36.jpgWhat do you guy's think of this?

imagesMUV3ME36.jpg

moparleo

Reaction score
Think what ? If you are talking about the tire and rim sizes, talk to the owner and get the details. Definitely cheaper to get someones experience on doing a tire/wheel swap. You know, most wheel manufactures have a tech line to answer just the kind of questions that you have. They know what fits what since they make the rims.

Back