• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Fuel line help please ! Six pack set up

dentwizgen

Reaction score
Hey my fellow mopar bros, I just got a 70 v code 6 pack challenger and I am a little confused on the fuel line set up. I just had a leak in one of the lines up by the mechinical fuel pump and here is the question. I have got 3 lines . One line goes to the carbs, one line is a 3/8 inch line and looks to be a return off the fuel pump. The other line is a much smaller line and comes forward from the back of the car right by of the fuel pump and was caped off with a rubber hose. That was the hose that was leaking fuel. I had the just filled the car up with gas and the hose was old and cracked. I have no idea what this 3ed line is or why the privious owner blocked it off. Any idea out there please let me know. My email is [email protected] thank you ,
mark

71droptop

Reaction score
sounds like a vent line from gas tank was improperly terminated. basically fuel line runs from tank to 3/8 rubber hose to fuel pump. from pump to fuel filter to metal line to first tee then branches out to carbs. will try to attach pics.will try using ur e mail.

dentwizgen

Reaction score
Thank you my friend for taking the time. U r right that it is a vent tube. I was told that it probly ran up to a charcoal filter canester or something like that. I also was told it was ok to just cap it off? What do you think ? I am trying to find a local mopar motor guy here in Dallas since I am new to mopar, I just have to get connected. I am loving it though. Mopars guys are the best. Thank you for taking the time to help !
mark

Back