• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Fuel pump issues.

Ele115

Reaction score
If you go above 6-1/2 - 7 psi you run the risk of fuel pressure forcing the needle to lift partially off the seat and causing flooding issues, misdiagnosing float level etc. 5-1/2 to 6 is pretty optimum. Holley will tell you 6-1/2 believe. I have a run stand with the fuel usually sett to 5psi. I set the float level on a carb on a running engine on the stand if I don't have plans to immediately use the carb on a car. Makes it a lot easier later when I actually need the carb.

Daves69

Reaction score
1624566057281.png

If it helps ya' ............
Fuel pressure

fasjac

Reaction score
Can any mopar experts out there recommend a reliable fuel pump for a 71 Challenger Rt with a 440 sixpack.Without a regulator,Does anyone know the max psi that is needed.
I have that pump on my 440 six pack. It’s around 6-7. No issues. No regulator. Don’t go much over that or you will have issues. JMO

Attachments

• FC732DFE-8CB5-4D73-BED2-881F3B7A9581.jpeg
    FC732DFE-8CB5-4D73-BED2-881F3B7A9581.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 153

6 pack

Reaction score
The car right now has an original hemi fuel pump on it.Been having trouble finding the correct rebuild kit.Does anyone know the correct psi on a hemi fuel pump. Would you guys rebuild or buy a brand new pump.Thank you to everyone for sharing their input.

Ele115

Reaction score
If it were me, I would get the Carter pump and put it on. Rebuild the "Hemi" pump when you can find the kit.

Challenge360

Reaction score
I can't say enough good things, about Then and Now, VERY reasonable. I shipped my 4024 to them on Thursday, from the west coast, and had it back in Eight days! The Mancini kit is incomplete, btw.

Ele115

Reaction score
If I can find the box I got my rebuild kit for the AAR from I will post it. I had to rebuild it when my AAR Cuda came out of nearly 50 year storage and the rubber fuel lines and fuel pump diaphragm literally crumbled with a few tanks of modern gas. It looked like cake crumbs. I got a rebuild kit that included valves, springs and everything. The various springs are what determines the pressure, or so they say.

Ele115

Reaction score
I can't say enough good things, about Then and Now, VERY reasonable. I shipped my 4024 to them on Thursday, from the west coast, and had it back in Eight days! The Mancini kit is incomplete, btw.
I am trying to get a fuel pump for a '39 Horch fixed. He may be the man

6 pack

Reaction score
Removed fuel pump this morning .Had made in canada and 698
stamped on it.Will ship to then and now in Massachusetts.Not sure if it is an original Carter pump.Had 10 screws holding it together. The cost is 105 for the rebuild.Was told that they are getting 10 years out of the fuel pumps that they rebuild.Thanks to everyone on the board for there great advice.

Tor-Red

Reaction score
Make sure to change the fuel pump rod they ware down. There are two kinds on for a cast iron cam or billet steel cam. The gear that you running distributor should match the push rod. Bronze or steel end.

Back