• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Fuel Sending Unit Ground

money pit

Reaction score
Is the fuel sending unit supposed to have a separate grounding wire? I have a new tank and sending unit. Sometimes the guage reads full after I fill it up, then shortly after it will read half or less. Sometimes the gauge reads normal. I checked the guage (grounded it), it seems to work fine. The reason I ask about the ground, I saw one in the Year One catalog. Thanks

Mopars & Missiles

Reaction score
One of these.....

Ground Strap.jpg

money pit

Reaction score
Is the fuel sending unit supposed to have a separate grounding wire? I have a new tank and sending unit. Sometimes the guage reads full after I fill it up, then shortly after it will read half or less. Sometimes the gauge reads normal. I checked the guage (grounded it), it seems to work fine. The reason I ask about the ground, I saw one in the Year One catalog. Thanks
Yes it looks like that except it looks more like a wire.

djais1801

Reaction score
The one in my Demon did the same thing...5 miles after driving it would go to 1/2 and then to E.

340SHAKER

Reaction score
Does anyone know if someone sells a longer version of the one in the picture? I ordered one from Year1 and it looks like the pic but is about 2" too short.

Mopars & Missiles

Reaction score
Yes, there are a couple different lengths but I don't remember where I got them.

Back