• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

G'day all ...

Russ

Reaction score
Name is Russ, and reside on the East Coast of Australia.

Only just realised this site existed. Everytime I Googled a Mopar related query, FABO & FBBO links always popped up, but never FEBO - so I always just assumed there wasn't one. Lurking over on FBBO, curiousity got the better of me so I decided to Google forebodiesonly, and low & behold - you do exist! Awesome :D

After wanting a '70 Challenger since my teens (I'm in my 30's), I was finally able to realise that dream earlier this year. Purchased myself a '70 R/T Chally from a bloke in San Diego - whilst I paid for the car in May, it only arrived here in Oz a couple weeks ago (7 month wait) - but I won't bother boring you with those specifics.

Onto the car itself:

• 1970 Dodge Challenger R/T (JS23N0B)
  • 383 Magnum
  • A-727 TF
  • 8 3/4 Suregrip 3.23
Engine, trans & diff are all #'s matching - VIN, Fender Tag, Rad Support, VIN Sticker on Door all present and matching. No broadcast sheet though.

Came from the factory in FE5 Bright Red with hood blackout, white longitudinal stripe & white/black interior.

Was repainted in 1997 in Cortez Silver ('69 Chevy colour), and given a black longitudinal stripe & black interior.

Had a mini-resto between the years 2000 & 2005, with most parts reconditioned, and a few replaced as needed, with a few upgrades: Including PST HD sway bars, springs, torsions bars, poly bushings. Engine & trans rebuild - and a few other bibs & bobs.

Anyway, enough jibbering and on with the pics!

383RTa.jpg

504091_5.jpg

chal5.jpg

chal2.jpg

The above were from previous owners, whilst the below are from it's arrival at my mechanics to get ready roadworthy & registered - all US imported cars here have to have headlights changed. Since we drive on the correct side of the road ;) our lights need to dip the other way - US lights would dip into oncoming traffic.

800-towie1.jpg

800-side1.jpg

800-double2-mod.jpg

Despite my eagerness to take a million photo's & video of it, I enjoy driving it so much I forget to take 'em every time I have it out ... but that's not really a problem.

Looks great, goes like the clappers - and I couldn't be happier! :D

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Nice car, congrats and welcome to the site, even if you do drive on the wrong side of the road!!!.

Back