• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Getting The HEMI Together

mmissile

Reaction score
Looks nice. hemi-`cudas have a very soft spot in my heart. I've had my hemi in and out of my WO car several times, and never left a mark on the car. That's with an acid dipped clip and from the top. Patience is the key.

Chryco Psycho

Reaction score
The oldfashioned way is from the bottom as that is the way the factory did it , not hard to do that way , I never install from the top anymore , far easier from the bottom .

moparleo

Reaction score
The time and convenience. You can fully assemble the engine and only have to hook up the wiring, coolant hoses and fuel lines. Will take less time to drop K-frame and install engine from bottom up and no scratches than to install from the top and have to then put every thing on. get a friend and it will go very quickly and easily. Have fun.

heybird426

Reaction score
I just don't have the means to do it from the bottom and besides that I've had this car since I bought it new in 1970 and have had this engine out of this car several times so I think I know what I'm doing but thanks for the input for you are all right in saying it should go in from the bottom. Most of the work I'm doing myself with very little help from anyone so I have to make due with what I have which is a half way decent garage, a few tools and my determination to get this thing together and back on the road where it belongs.

moparleo

Reaction score
You can use a cherry picker as most of us don't have a lift at home. Lower K frame onto some kind of stand(jack with jack stands or something similar). Bolt engine in and assemble accessories, then raise the body from the front. A little angle but it is very doable, even by yourself.

heybird426

Reaction score
DSCN8861.jpgDSCN8862.jpgDSCN8864.jpgDSCN8868.jpgMaking progress, had a little trouble at first but all is well. New Timing Chain in and the trany next. I should have this thing running by the Fall.

DSCN8861.jpg

DSCN8862.jpg

DSCN8864.jpg

DSCN8868.jpg

Back