• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Gilmer Pulleys

Ricky J

Reaction score
Hi i have a 358 R5P7 twin turbo engine and has a stage 3 dry sump set up.The dry sump pump has a gilmer pulley and belt .Water pump is on its own Vbelt pulley set up.And alternator is on its own Vbelt offset from water pump.

What i would like to know is there a Gilmer pulley and belt set up with idler pulleys that i can run all 3 .

Thanks in advance

Engine 2.png

Engine 1.png

Steve340

Reaction score
You are better off to leave the oil system alone IMO. Plus the oil pump takes a fair bit to drive it - no point risking a loss of oil pressure.

Ricky J

Reaction score
I was going to leave the oil system on the gilmer belt it is on now but want to upgrade the alternator & water pump system to gilmer belt to stop belt slippage .

Steve340

Reaction score
To clarify : IMO do not try and run all 3 from the same belt.
I have never seen a system like you are asking about but they could exist.

heminut

Reaction score
I was going to leave the oil system on the gilmer belt it is on now but want to upgrade the alternator & water pump system to gilmer belt to stop belt slippage .
If you're experiencing belt slippage on your waterpump and alternator (don't know how you could even tell) with a V belt then you probably need to adjust the tension.

Back