• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Got a quote for $25k for paint, Vinyl top and moldings installed

Todd Jackson

Reaction score
If you want a new shop to warranty the paint then they will all want to go back down to bare metal.

Still 25k seems a little steep if only paint is involved. Does that include final assembly as well? Does the price go up if body work isn't up to standard and needs reworking?
No assembly. Paint the gutted car and give it back for me to assemble.

Reaction score
Best body work on the ceiling beside the plate. Just out of curiosity why is it there?So the wife wont see it?
It was just a accident, i took a picture of the roof and didn't see till after the reflection, the lights are on the ceiling, the pictures and plate are on the wall, wife sees them fine, and she looks better than that, so it doesn't bother her like all the rest of you who are scared of their wives 😁

Reaction score
Here is a picture of the same wall
IMG_20221009_221045355.jpg

Todd Jackson

Reaction score
New question: What about having the engine compartment painted so I can put in the motor, tranny, and wiring THEN send it back for full paint?????

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
You would have to cover engine bay
Some how over spray always finds a way. Do a real good job of sealing off.

Reaction score
Maybe do it the other way around, get paint all done, then get the car back less front fenders, hood, front grille bumpers etc. Put in your engine, trans.

Todd Jackson

Reaction score
I am trying to delay a huge spend on the body work and get the assembly going...

robert power

Reaction score
slow because of family issues but picking at it ,Thanks for asking .how is your car going?

IMG_4937.jpeg

IMG_4862.jpeg

IMG_4507.jpeg

IMG_4523.jpeg

Ronbo73

Reaction score
@Todd Jackson The bodywork is coming along. Should be painted this week or next from what I was told. They had to fix fender to door gaps and other things but looking really good.
IMG_6142.jpg
IMG_6143.jpg
IMG_6146.jpg

Ronbo73

Reaction score
12K without paint cost. But it may be more due to the things they had to fix that I wasn't aware of before I brought it there. The door to fender gaps were really bad, to the point that if they didn't fix them and painted them as they were, I would have sold the car. All this work and crappy gaps would drive me crazy.

Reaction score
Wow i would kill for 12g!! I am at 25!
Image (94).jpeg

Ronbo73

Reaction score
The 12K quote is after I've already spent 10K with two other body shops. And that doesn't include the cost of the new body panels that I had to purchse.

torredcuda

Reaction score
Shop rates up here in NH are $100-125 /hour now and my buddy was quoted $30-40k to do his Duster but his would need metal and body work as well. I`m glad I can do my own body and paint or I would be driving all my cars in rustoleum spray can jobs as I can`t afford to pay that.

Reaction score
No kidding!!!! The prices on stuff are so outrageous!!! Everything is double !! Not sure how everyone affords all this, companies just raise their prices and pass it along to us, my wages have not gone up to compensate!!!

Back