• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

greenhorn from Belgium, lookin' for a running challenger project

what type of gorgeous 1970-1971 challenger do you prefer?

• Total voters

oskar

Reaction score
hi guys,
my name is oskar and i live in Belgium. i love old mopars and especially the e-body 1970-1971 challenger. i'm only 16 years old but i have already some expierience along the way. i already restored a daf 33, not that exiting and a bmw 318. now i think i gathered just enough expierience restoring these 2 cars and having a good pal who owns a car shop :).
but now i'm looking to restore my all-time favourite, the legendarious dodge challenger from 1970 or 1971. now it is a fact that i am looking for a running project, 'cause i just love doing bodywork. i hope someone can help me find the car i'm looking for, for not to much money
thank you and nice meeting y'all :)

ramenth

Reaction score
Welcome aboard! Have fun with the search.

I voted for the R/T version, but what about an R/T SE? :icon_thumright:

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from the Motor City! I voted T/A but how about A66 340 performance package! I know I am splitting hairs!lol

oskar

Reaction score
Welcome aboard! Have fun with the search.

I voted for the R/T version, but what about an R/T SE? :icon_thumright:

thanks,
i thought to myself let's keep it simple for now, i'm thinking 'bout posting nex polls with the super versions of these heavenly gorgeous machines :)

oskar

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from the Motor City! I voted T/A but how about A66 340 performance package! I know I am splitting hairs!lol

you're totally right. but i will post more polls if you want about the other versions :). thanks for the warm welcome to all of you by the way ;)

Aussie Challenger

Reaction score
I have a 1970 Dodge Challenger with a 318 and 904 which is presently being restored up as a R/T clone and will be converted to a manual.

Aussie Challenger

Reaction score
No sorry I am not, my children would shoot me, check out Texas Toy Box, The Mopar Dude, try CudaChallenger.com sale ads. Took me many months of looking before I found mine. :eek:ccasion14:

oskar

Reaction score
No sorry I am not, my children would shoot me, check out Texas Toy Box, The Mopar Dude, try CudaChallenger.com sale ads. Took me many months of looking before I found mine. :eek:ccasion14:

thanks for the help, i apreciate it. I can understand why your kids would shoot you ;) going to look now on cuda-challenger.com, maybe, who knows i'll find mine... :)

oskar

Reaction score
Just bought myself my dream car!!! But it is complicated though, so i might need some advice. I think i know what most of you think about originality, i want the same. But mine is a 1970 dodge challenger, but in a strange way, the previous owner replaced the 1970 tail light with the one from 1971. My goal is to put it back in original shape. Does anyone know how to do this? i have never worked on this kind of car before, so i do not want to mess up! The other thing is, i bought this car through a friend, so i only saw it through a series of pictures. As i was looking for this car for many, many months, I was so anxious I just had to have it. I think some of you will understand ;). So if you can help me, pleas do. Thanks!!

challenger6pak

Reaction score
Hearing that the lights were "switched" concerns me. Will you post a good underhood shot? Look under the car. Are the emergency brake cables on one frame rail or are they on both frame rails when they come from the front of the car?

oskar

Reaction score
Hearing that the lights were "switched" concerns me. Will you post a good underhood shot? Look under the car. Are the emergency brake cables on one frame rail or are they on both frame rails when they come from the front of the car?

thanks for the concern, i'm busy stripping the car down, but i'll take some pictures and try uploading them and that you can see it, i'll also check it myself and let you know

oskar

Reaction score
ow, it's been a while since i visited febo, just was too busy lately. i hope i didn't get ripped off, but i'm taking pics along the project, so in the end i'll post everything together. pagilman: i don't think so, the car was in the normal shape you would expect from a car thats more than 40 years old, it drove perfectly, just the regular rust and also the interior... just got the engine out all by myself, wasn't to easy to do though. Every day i come hope at 6 pm because of school, so it's coming along just bits by bits...

Back