• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

hard paddle

BSG

Reaction score
Anyone have the part # for the small bore master cylinder? power, frt disk rear drum.

BSG

Reaction score
I ordered one with a 1 inch bore for a 70 E body, power frt disc rear drum picking up tonight and swapping it out in the morning. I'm pretty exited about it. If it works out i'll post the part#.
I'm not a purest or date code guy, just like cool s***, that runs like a bat outa hell and stops without me putting my foot thru the floor!

BSG

Reaction score
That appears to have taken care of it. Feels good like it actually has power brakes. Its raining here and its never been out in the rain since it came off the rotisserie. Its obvious the hard pedal with the worst brakes Ive ever had problem is gone.To be honest, it was embarrassing even blogging about with the amount of wrenching exp I've got. So the fix for me was taking the keyboard away from the guy at the local kragen and I found a power frt disk with rear drum on a 69 challenger with 1 inch bore part# BHH 10-1326. 33.00$
I'm not a date code guy just like form and function above all else. The replacement was shorter and definitely had a smaller bore than the one taken off.
Hope this info helps you out!

fasjac

Reaction score
That appears to have taken care of it. Feels good like it actually has power brakes. Its raining here and its never been out in the rain since it came off the rotisserie. Its obvious the hard pedal with the worst brakes Ive ever had problem is gone.To be honest, it was embarrassing even blogging about with the amount of wrenching exp I've got. So the fix for me was taking the keyboard away from the guy at the local kragen and I found a power frt disk with rear drum on a 69 challenger with 1 inch bore part# BHH 10-1326. 33.00$
I'm not a date code guy just like form and function above all else. The replacement was shorter and definitely had a smaller bore than the one taken off.
Hope this info helps you out!
Good job BSG! Lock em when you get chance.

retro70

Reaction score
bump.....well what is the outcome of the smaller MC? Have a 1970 Barracuda. Went from drum/drum to disc drum like many of you.
I have a similar problem. Before I tear into my system, I would love to get some more results please.
Thanks in advance.
Dennis

bc3j

Reaction score
bump.....well what is the outcome of the smaller MC? Have a 1970 Barracuda. Went from drum/drum to disc drum like many of you.
I have a similar problem. Before I tear into my system, I would love to get some more results please.

Thanks in advance.
Dennis
I found success with a manual system with a Dr Diff 15/16” aluminum master, factory disc brake combination valve that was used after 1-1-1970 and the factory metering valve. Solid good pedal with a slightly longer pedal travel. My car stops without issues. Rotors are 11.75” and rear drums are 11 x 2.5”.

retro70

Reaction score
I have now replaced a problematic MS and the car stops without the BRAKE light on the dash coming on. Still, I can't lock
my brakes up. The system is better , but I would love for it to stop and give me nine cents change from a dime :thumbsup:

bc3j

Reaction score
I have now replaced a problematic MS and the car stops without the BRAKE light on the dash coming on. Still, I can't lock
my brakes up. The system is better , but I would love for it to stop and give me nine cents change from a dime :thumbsup:
FWIW I used all Mopar brake parts and can lock all 4 wheels. I put a pressure gauge on the front calipers and get 1200psi. It’s enough to lock them.

Back