• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Headliner insulation

Juan Veldez

Reaction score
Does the headliner insulation get spray glued (similar to the vinyl top) to the underside of the roof, or does it just lay on the headliner?

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
I Was looking for picture of old headliner.to see where it was cut for the bows. do you have you old headline to know where to cut? Here again I clamped and steatch for awhile to remove folds.

20210613_124512.jpg

20200526_134125.jpg

Last edited:

Juan Veldez

Reaction score
I Was looking for picture of old headliner.to see where it was cut for the bows. do you have you old headline to know where to cut? Here again I clamped and steatch for awhile to remove folds.
No old headliner remaining. I have some of that spray. I'll spray the insulation, and the underside of the roof, allow it to dry until tacky, and then stick it in place. Thanks again!

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
If you can wait.Ill dig out my old headliner and get measurements.If it's not cut in the right place it can be a problem. give me a day.

Juan Veldez

Reaction score
If you can wait.Ill dig out my old headliner and get measurements.If it's not cut in the right place it can be a problem. give me a day.
Sweet, I can wait. I plan to install that Sunday. Yes, I stuck the bows in and noticed that it needs to be cut/relived (sp?) back a bit.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
I just takes a snip with scissors on each side in the right place. watch you don't cut the headliner. ll take an other picture and post it. I want it for reference.

Last edited:

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
This what I used and it works. Amazon,

SCIGRIP Weld-On #1829 Adhesive, 1/4 Pint and Weld-On Applicator Bottle with Needle​

Last edited:

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Measurement is cut to cut.Find center use half the measurement from center. go a little longer if you have any doubts. no problem if you have to go shorter. I think I had to cut one shorter.It seemed to tight.

20220820_115935.jpg

Juan Veldez

Reaction score
Measurement is cut to cut.Find center use half the measurement from center. go a little longer if you have any doubts. no problem if you have to go shorter. I think I had to cut one shorter.It seemed to tight.

View attachment 96773
My car is a 4 bow. So, the one next to the dome light is non-existent. The holes are there for one, but this car came without that one. I should still be able to use your measurements though, I just skip that one - thanks.

Juan Veldez

Reaction score

View attachment 96773
I thought the bow sleeves needed to be cut back just enough for the bow end to clip into the holes in order for the headliner to remain tight up against the roof? If so, the lenghts from front to back are: 49",49",50 1/2", 67" for a four bow. If I am wrong about the relationship between the bow and sleeve, let me know, I can always cut more. And to confirm, this is for a Challenger, not a Cuda.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
71 challenger 5 bow.front is the shorter measurement rear is the longer. I can't say for sure on a four bow measurement. If the bow is a head or behind add or subtract a little. make it longer you can always cut shorter if headliner is to tight. The bow sleeves are cut 3" to 4" on each side.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Put the headliner in and pull it tight,you will see most of the folds and wrinkle come out as you go. Scünci Portable Household Steamer SS-1000

Attachments

• 20220406_171402.jpg
    20220406_171402.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 73

michael bucklew

Reaction score
Does the headliner insulation get spray glued (similar to the vinyl top) to the underside of the roof, or does it just lay on the headliner?
used spray adhesive on both sides` 1st cut to fit between roof rails--pressed into place no problems--had pro install head liner. ,went from 4 bow to 5 bow--did not have to cut channels for bows

Back