• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Hello from Arizona! Love my 1971 'Cuda340

lainetx9

Reaction score
I just joined this site this week after years of watching the hobby grow. I wanted to share my 1971 GY3 'Cuda340 car with you all. It was built on the 7th day of production in 1971. Most all of these early-built cars came with 1970 hoods w/ no Plymouth emblem, 1970 seat backs, 1970 center consoles, early 71 seat belts, and the 1970 right inner fender well for the CA 340 cars as my car did. All options on this car came on this car from the factory, nothing was added, and still remains on this car today. This car was even ordered with the rarest wheels in the world, the 15" Chrysler Aluminum Turbine wheels as per the build sheet (like the ones on the "Diamante" Challenger show car). The original wheels (Dated 5/11/70) from the assembly line are still on the car with w/original trim rings and lugnuts w/ dimples as well. The complete drivetrain and most all parts are date coded to the car and came on this car from the assembly line. My car is a very well original condition documented car that I originally purchased in 1996. The car then used a rectification keeping the car as original as possible. Enjoy the pictures, and MOPAR to All! Thank you E-Bodies Only!

IMG_0194.JPG

IMG_7969.JPG

IMG_7723-1.jpg

Screenshot 2023-08-19 131253.png

Screenshot 2023-08-19 131331.png

Xcudame

Reaction score
Lainetx9, welcome to FEBO from the desert!! I love the color of your 71 Cuda 340! Nice to see another Arizonian here!

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Nice car, welcome to the site from the Motor City!
I’m a bit confused about the wheels though…

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Welcome to FEBO. How do you live with yourself. You probably think your in a dream. Great color and combination.
welcome to febo - Copy.jpeg

Juan Veldez

Reaction score
I like the rubber cap you put on the hood spring. Great idea to stop scratches. Gonna copy that move!

lainetx9

Reaction score
Thank you all for the compliments and welcoming me. DetMat1 (Matt), as far as the wheels go, most all Mopar nuts do not know anything about these wheels. Upon my research per my documents to my car, these 15" Aluminum wheels were absolutely ordered on my car. I have enclosed a few pictures of these wheels as per a few documents I have. Now the world knows my little secret...lol. The only set known in existence is on the "Diamante Challenger" Show Car. My Buildsheet says it all too as well. Thanks for all...Mopar to ya!

Screenshot 2023-08-20 081744.png

1971 Charger.png

My W23 Wheels - 15 inch tires.png

thumbnail (2).jpg

lainetx9

Reaction score
Thank you Jaun V., yes, it saves the hood from paint removal and going down to metal in that area.... Good move!:)

Culvers

Reaction score
Great car, congratulations.
This is one of the best equipped Cuda I've ever seen: (the best) Hi impact color, shaker hood, billboards, rubber bumpers, rallye cluster, fog lights, spoiler package, ...

lainetx9

Reaction score
Again all, thank you for all the compliments. I have never found another 71 `Cuda in any color with all my exterior options, even all of the 71 GY3 Promo 440-6 cars don`t have all of my exact exterior options (the promos didn`t have Road Lamps). Most all people make copies/ clones of my car w/ added options because it looks really cool, which is cool, but my car came with them all, and they are all the original factory assembly line parts installed from day one. Check out the factory 1970 Shaker hood without the "crush zones" and the no "Plymouth" emblem by the hood pin plate on the drivers side like all 71`s came with (3 pin hole emblem).......pretty cool. Tons more of the factory 1970 parts from the assembly line are on my low Vin numbered car...(early car). Thanks again....Mopar to `Ya!

Mr Cuda

Reaction score
Welcome. Glad to see you started a thread. I saw your comment in another and hoped you would. I have a similar car.
Yes, nicely optioned. I have a question about the wheels. It was coded for the alloy spokes, but was it delivered with them? All the pictures are with rallyes.
Mine came with the spoke wheelcovers, but they were swapped at the dealer on delivery.

Last edited:

lainetx9

Reaction score
Hello Mr Cuda. All my rims, trim rings, center cones, and lugnuts are the assembly line parts that were installed from day one. The date code on the wheels are May 11th 1970. So from what I have found in my research so far, no other cars came off the assembly line with these rare "W23" 15" Aluminum wheels except the "Diamante Challenger" show car. Let the world learn now...my secret is out...lol! I can go on and on, but I won`t.....enjoy.

lainetx9

Reaction score
Thank you for your compliments, I appreciate it. You`re also welcome for the sheet and tags, I hope you enjoy them.
I know most people will not due this, but I feel if I`m honest about my car that it`s all good to share. Thanks again.

Back