• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Hello From Colorado

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
Thanks for passing that info along. Helps with understanding the prices out there. And I would rather say thanks, then make a gay looking thanks on your post. hahaha.

moparmarks

Reaction score
All four car manufactures offered the Dixco hood tach as a dealer install or over the counter. They were made here in Grand Junction CO. Back in the 70's Dixson would have a yard sale and would have a big box of the hood tachs for a buck each. I never bought one. One of my better moves. I've seen NOS ones go for over 600.00. I installed a repro one from In-line Tube on a 70 Judge clone last year.

Runner_68

Reaction score
All four car manufactures offered the Dixco hood tach as a dealer install or over the counter. They were made here in Grand Junction CO. Back in the 70's Dixson would have a yard sale and would have a big box of the hood tachs for a buck each. I never bought one. One of my better moves. I've seen NOS ones go for over 600.00. I installed a repro one from In-line Tube on a 70 Judge clone last year.
Good intel, thanks (no imoji). Pontiac was my first thought when I saw it. Looks a little odd on a Mopar IMHO.

Cuda Hunter

Reaction score
I have had a few hood tacks on my pontiacs over the years.
That is pretty awesome that you even had the chance to buy some in a garage sale that were NOS. The mopar hood tach's are difficult to find but I didn't realize they were reaching 600 bucks now. Wow.

moparmarks

Reaction score
Actually I think that Pontiac was the only one that offered it as a factory option. Seems quite common on Pontiacs.
I should have bought all the ones at the yard sales. Almost bought one for my 69 Charger but it had the factory tach.
1663245552165.jpeg

Back