• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Hello from Connecticut

Flat-Tappet

Reaction score
Hello all,

I’ve recently closed a deal on a ‘72 ‘Cuda, purchasing it from a gentleman who built and maintained it to a very high standard. The car is triple black, with a 440 puffed out to 496 with 10.3 to 1 CR, Tremec TKO 600/pistol grip, and a Moser with 4.10 r&p. It’s my first Mopar, and it sure rips…

I had been seeking a completed, ready to run B body Mopar since late 2021, checking out and bidding on cars listed on BAT, Hemmings and elsewhere. At first, I was looking for an all-original car or car restored to original spec’s, but I came to the conclusion that a carefully modified car with updates was more in my wheelhouse. Then, a good friend and a brilliant body man/fabricator/mechanic/artisan saw this E Body ‘Cuda and pointed it out to me. I’m really pleased to have gotten this ‘Cuda. I owe my buddy for steering me to this find, big-time…

First impresssions are it’s size. I thought it would be smaller than it is. It’s a pretty large vehicle, but at 6’6, I need a bigger car anyway. Second impression is after the PO took me on a WOT run in this car, why did I wait so long to get a Mopar?

My first step is to simply drive the car and learn about the details of the build. The PO has been meticulous with the build, and I admire his attention to detail. I don’t believe I need to do anything to the car other than complete the registration and drive it.

looking forward to soaking up a lot of information here as my Mopar adventure unwinds.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
WeLcome to FEBO.
welcome to febo.jpeg

Heywodja

Reaction score
I don’t believe I need to do anything to the car other than complete the registration and drive it.

Welcome to the community!

I can’t believe my eyes, did I just read that there is such a thing as a completed car?

We need photos of this unicorn so we can all know that someday we too might get a shot at achieving a dream. Till then, I hope my wife doesn’t see this because she already thinks I spend WAY too much time and money on my other “women”.

Flat-Tappet

Reaction score
Hey- thanks for the warm welcome! And I should know better: pictures or it didn’t happen.
heywodja, I hope I didn’t jinx myself with my comment on it being a completed car. But there seems to be nothing I need to do right now other than put a plate on it and drive it. But, are they ever really done?

below are some pix from the advert listing- which is public elsewhere. I don’t have any decent photos that I’ve taken myself, yet . I’ve also created a “speed in gears” chart, with also has overlays of TQ and HP from the dyno sheet. This shows the value to me of the OD 5th gear delivering 65 MPH at roughly 2100 revs. Not that fuel economy is going to be very good anyway

my background is in road racing, so drag racing is a new art for me. The ‘Cuda has the Caltrack/mono leaf spring rear set-up, and the hookup - when driven hard by the PO- was amazing. I have a lot to get used to…
A1454D8A-C433-4033-815D-086D267D3C37.jpeg
6514F901-FE68-4B45-AC9D-67766139C370.jpeg
B6DD5B19-E059-40DE-87A5-2B05C45A3D4C.jpeg

budascuda

Reaction score
The back of the car in the picture looks shortened, was the car ever in an accident? or is it because of too much power going to the rear end ? Lol, just kidin
Great looking car, Thanks for joining us!

Flat-Tappet

Reaction score
Ha! Yes, shortened a bit... I’ll go with the too much power going to the rear end choice.

Back