• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Hello from germany

Sick

Reaction score
Hey guys... just want to introduce myself. I'm martin from germany and imported a 71 challenger from CA in november last year. The car is nearly street legal now (german restrictions are very unreasonable sometimes :rolleyes:).

Have a nice day

Martin

Rob C

Reaction score
Welcome aboard Martin.

I think flashlights are OK for head lights myself, but, whatever they want so it can be leagal.

Sick

Reaction score
Welcome aboard Martin.

I think flashlights are OK for head lights myself, but, whatever they want so it can be leagal.

We got a technical surveillance group whick check every car every second year. The car must be original or date correct upgraded, steering must be totally ok, brakes must work totally perfect, tach needs to work perfect, the parking brake must work, the headlights must be changed, flashlights must be installed, windscreen washer must be installed and so on...
germans are weird ;)
But the challenger was ok in general, so I had not too much trouble :cool:

I think, that the last work will be done in less than 2 weeks.

ramenth

Reaction score
Welcome aboard!

We have some states here in the US which have a safety inspection. Things like lights, brakes, e-brake, steering, etc. have to be in good working order. Yet to hear of one which doesn't allow improvements to the system, though. When you say period correct updates you're saying something like a manual steering car being updated to power steering but not to rack and pinion, right?

Sick

Reaction score
Welcome aboard!

We have some states here in the US which have a safety inspection. Things like lights, brakes, e-brake, steering, etc. have to be in good working order. Yet to hear of one which doesn't allow improvements to the system, though. When you say period correct updates you're saying something like a manual steering car being updated to power steering but not to rack and pinion, right?

Yes... you can update the steering or change from drum to disc brakes.
You even can add aluminium heads, since they were available back in the days. But the restrictions on improvements that are not date correct are just made for getting a historical license plate. this license plates are way cheaper, since you pay taxes per cui in germany ;)
So the historical license plate saves me round about 2500$ per year with a 440 :rolleyes:
Anyway- most of the guys I know in germany want to have their car in stock look... so its not a big issue.

ramenth

Reaction score
Yes... you can update the steering or change from drum to disc brakes.
You even can add aluminium heads, since they were available back in the days. But the restrictions on improvements that are not date correct are just made for getting a historical license plate. this license plates are way cheaper, since you pay taxes per cui in germany ;)
So the historical license plate saves me round about 2500$ per year with a 440 :rolleyes:
Anyway- most of the guys I know in germany want to have their car in stock look... so its not a big issue.

$2500 is a huge savings no matter where you live!

rr-mopar

Reaction score
Do you have any pictures of your Challenger? Do show them, please...

Sick

Reaction score
Guten Tag, mir geht es gut. Vielen Dank für die Grüße ;)

rr-mopar

Reaction score
Guten Tag, mir geht es gut. Vielen Dank für die Grüße ;)

My college German is doing ok, but don't get carried away! LOL :D

Hey, where are you located and what is your fav football club. I have a cousin who lives in Frankfurt.

I use to watch a show over here in the states called Soccer made in Germany in the 70's. Watch some of the greatest to play in the Bundesliga.

Tschüs!

Sick

Reaction score
@rr-mopar:

You are doing fine ;) I'm locaated in cologne, not far away from frankfurt. I'm not really into soccer...

Ok, and here are a couple of pictures of my challenger:#

P1010462_2.jpg

P1010445.jpg

P1010450.jpg

rr-mopar

Reaction score
Sick,

That is one sweet ride. Great to see such an amazing Mopar in Europe! I bet you really turn heads. Not only by rumble of the 440 mag, but also the color! :eek:

I owned a 70 Challenger that also screamed look at me!

70 challanger.jpg

Sick

Reaction score
Sick,

That is one sweet ride. Great to see such an amazing Mopar in Europe! I bet you really turn heads. Not only by rumble of the 440 mag, but also the color! :eek:

I owned a 70 Challenger that also screamed look at me!

Great 70' Challenger! In Europe these cars are very special... but we got a nice szene over here.
This is my first Mopar, but I think it will not be my last ;)

nqkjw

Reaction score
Hey,welcome Martin.

The car must be original or date correct .

Australia is VERY shortly applying similar restrictions to imports.
If they don't meet the criteria they won't even be allowed to come into the country!!!
Wankers.

Anyway,I've got a green one too!!!

23lfhg1.jpg

msbaugh

Reaction score
You sure are a long ways a way! I just joined too.
Greetings from Texas.
You can support American muscle no matter where you live :)

Sick

Reaction score
Hey guys... picked up my car at friday- its finally streetlegal and the biggest issues are solved. One of my friends edited a short vid of that epic day, cause I finally stopped complaining about the long waiting period in the summer season ;)
Anyway... here it is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfkt8EmgjxI

Back