• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Hello from Texas

Cardius82

Reaction score
Glad I found this group. I’ve got a ‘74 Challenger Rallye I own with my dad that’s now home with me and it needs some love. I’ve been a car fanatic for most of my life and want to bring this thing back up to snuff. I found it for him about 4 years ago when he was diagnosed with cancer and it matches identically to near every option of the one he bought new when he was 22. Gonna be pickin some brains!

A bit about the car; it’s a E7 Burnished Red 360 4spd car that was lightly restored in the 90s we figure. Repaint, some parts replaced, possibly rebuilt motor (but kept stockish), etc. After we bought it he had some mods done at a local shop that may not have been done so well. Currently has FITech EFI with a new tank and fuel system with internal electric fuel pump, a Passon replacement 4spd with an OD 4th, but otherwise stock motor other than a junk Edelbrock Torker 340 intake that I can’t wait to throw in a ditch or make jewelry out of. Also a new aluminum radiator with dual electric fans. Driver quality paint with some bubbles forming here and there, and a refreshed stock suspension and brakes. Would like for it to end up a reliable fun cruiser once a charging system issue is sorted and a better combo of engine components are thrown on and the EFI programmed correctly. Has some mismatched parts like a 70 dash that doesn’t mate up with the 74 lower dash right, and other small things. If I win the lottery you can bet on a 408 and better rear gears (that OD 4th could let it get 3.73 or 3.91 and but keep it highway friendly) and maybe a Hotchkis suspension and a big Wilwood brake kit under the 15s.

I love a classic stock look, and I’m a stickler for giving 72-74 cars the attention they deserve in getting the visual details right compared to how much attention goes to 70/71 cars.

It sat for a while after the work was done when he got sicker and couldn’t take care of it anymore. So it’s here with me now getting the attention it needs and I appreciate all the knowledge and help this group will surely bring. I’m pretty well versed in cars in general and certainly in Mopars so I plan to contribute as much as I receive.

IMG_1344.jpeg

A51A1474-07E0-4689-A2B4-78EBE07810E7.jpeg

IMG_6498.jpeg

71760448113__2D38C301-82CB-4056-BFDB-A19B9DC95ABB.fullsizerender.jpeg

Xcudame

Reaction score
Welcome to FEBO from the desert! Sorry you dad's not doing well, but good for you getting a very similar 74 Challenger to bring back some fond memories for him. I bet he really appreciates it! And I'm certain you taking an interest in it makes him proud. It's a beautiful rare car for certain.

Challenger RTA

Reaction score
Welcome to FEBO. Just like life. What you put into you get out of it. Shared memories are the best! That's an other thing that can't be taxed.
welcome to febo - Copy.jpeg

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from the Motor City!
I hope you and your dad have plenty more chances to enjoy it together, Nice Challenger.

moparlee

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Michigan!
Sorry to hear about your Dad's health. Nice looking Challenger that you and your Dad can enjoy together.

Back