• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Hello from the South......

bandit 73

Reaction score
Hi Guys, been hanging out over with the B body folks as I have two current b body rests mods in progress. BUT, am getting the 73 Challenger reregistered and insured this week. Time to start with her come back to glory. Be gentle as I am very new to Mopar, and have much to learn.

bandit 73

Reaction score
Trying to post one now......

IMG_0091.jpg

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Nice looking Challenger project. What are your plans?

moparlee

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Michigan!
Looks like a nice solid '73 with some work already done?

fasjac

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from Arkansas!
Looking forward to the progress. Good looking challenger!

bandit 73

Reaction score
Thanks Guys, trying to get her road worthy and drive her a bit is the plan. I got this one many years ago but never had time to play. Major rust/rot around the back glass so got my sheet metal guy to put in a new deck panel. In picking it up, he said he noticed something funny looking when removed panel and took him a bit to figure it out. Seems a previous owner in the past screwed new quarter skins over the original rusted up quarters and they to were eat up also with rust.....as we all know, rust transfers. So the timing was right and he had time to put on whole new quarters the right way. I had to pull the tank out yesterday as so much rust was clogging the pick up. And this has lead to patching up the trunk floor in a few spots and some new seam sealer.

Put in a used 360 when I first got it and it seems to be in good shape so will drive that a bit. As part of the trade when i got the car was a 70 model 340 engine. It still had the original J heads, windage tray all the good stuff. I have rebuilt that engine and it is awaiting swap time. It s time now to order new interior stuff as I understand there is a long, long lag time.. Okay , off to pull exhaust , rear end and get both sides of the trunk cleaned up.....

Heavy

Reaction score
Hey Bandit, I am on I-20 corridor in Alabama, how close to Anniston Al? You got a good one! Keep working it up. Good luck.

bandit 73

Reaction score
Hey Bandit, I am on I-20 corridor in Alabama, how close to Anniston Al? You got a good one! Keep working it up. Good luck.
Due south of Hot Lanta by 50 miles. Got the rear end pulled and cleaned up a bit today.....pretty sure it is a Sure Grip, my others are not. Was told today lag time for new seat covers is 26 weeks.....folks is out piddling with these old clunkers. Patching up some trunk rot tomorrow, may get her out on the road for the first time next week.....

Heavy

Reaction score
That's a pretty good wait time, but at this point I guess we are lucky to get anything. Good luck with projects, maybe get to see you down the
road sometime. Keep yo head up and get-er going.

Back