• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Hello.

JWILLI13

Reaction score
How are you all doing. I am long time fan of the Challenger. Unfortunately, they are my personal unicorn. I finally have my keeper. 1971 Challenger R/T 340. Anyway... I am probably going to ask some crazy questions.

Have a great day.

Joe

70chall440

Reaction score
Welcome from WA state.

The only "crazy question" is the one you don't ask, however there is a huge amount of information online and things will go much better if you do some research before asking.

Some other "tips" to getting a useful answer are;

• include as much relevant information as you have. If you are asking a question about the engine for example, include the engine details (is is stock, has it been modified, etc.), also what transmission you are using (AT or manual) as that can have an effect on the answer
  • when possible, include pictures of what you are asking about or for reference, it really helps to understand what you are asking about.
  • Remember that the internet (and this forum) are public spaces so anyone and everyone can reply. This mean that you will in all reality get some less than useful answers, perhaps even some insulting ones. Take it in stride but also you don't have to take any abuse, but be cautious when "pouring gas onto a fire"
  • As mentioned, do your research before hand. We all like the "easy button" and just post a question hoping for an answer that makes like easier, but most topics have already been addressed here and elsewhere, take a moment to use your friend "google" and see what you get. That said, don't hesitate from asking a question either. Many on here (to include myself) have been working on these cars since they were new or near new and something we lose sight of the fact that not everyone has that experience.
  • If you are looking at aftermarket stuff like cams, torque converters, etc. think about reaching out to manufacturers before posting online. They know their markets/business and can usually be far more specific and helpful
  • Don't ask a question you have already made up your mind about. Far too many people come onto these forums and ask a question and then do not like the answers they get, then they start arguing with the members, this usually does not end well for all parties
  • Look at other members builds to get ideas and inspiration, don't hesitate to ask how or why something was done in the way it was
  • No idea what your plans are for the car or what condition it is in but try not to out run your headlights. What I mean is way too many people get a classic car and then think they are going to turn it into something they saw on TV or in a movie quickly and cheaply. As the saying goes, "you have something quickly or you can have something cheap but never both". Building and/or perfecting these cars can be costly and takes time, skill and tools.
  • Do not compare your 71 Challenger with a modern car, they are apples and oranges. Yes you can make your 71 MUCH better performing, handling and riding but it takes a bit of work and usually a lot of money do achieve this.
  • Most of all, have fun and understand that classic car ownership is not something that generally comes easily. These cars require a certain level of attention and maintenance.
Again, welcome

fasjac

Reaction score
Hi Joe! Welcome to the site from Arkansas. We'd love to see some photos when you get time. Also, there's a lot of knowledgeable members here to help with any questions. If you have a FSM great, if not I recommend getting one or downloading the sections you need on-line. big help.

moparlee

Reaction score
Hi Joe, welcome to the site from Michigan!
Glad your here and can't wait to see that 340 R/T.

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Actually I see now that you’re in Detroit. Did you find this car locally?

Last edited:
Back