• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Help me find the right piece of trim for my hood

71RT383

Reaction score
I believe the 71 wide hood moulding uses holes like your hood has on the top of it. I haven't seen one off of a car in years.

Challenger6pak, is right.
My 71 has the "M28" option (Wide Grille Surround Molding,"AKA" - Spring Package).
The hood molding has 6 studs underneath that go into the holes on the top front of the hood and held on with the selftapping speed nuts from underneath. There are also 8 small bolts that thread into the front part of the molding from inside the hood's front lip/edge.
Not sure if it would have been optionable on a fiberglass hood though ?. Possibly someone wanted to customize and add it ?.
Hope this helps somewhat.

MN71RT

Reaction score
I just saw this post, here is my 71 RT hood that has the M28 wide trim on it... I am looking for M28 side mouldings and I did find PG Classics were selling them for $340 apiece (resto). I am hoping to find the side mouldings at this year's Mopar Nats. I have center piece..

rt hood.jpg

71RT383

Reaction score
I just saw this post, here is my 71 RT hood that has the M28 wide trim on it... I am looking for M28 side mouldings and I did find PG Classics were selling them for $340 apiece (resto). I am hoping to find the side mouldings at this year's Mopar Nats. I have center piece..
View attachment 37644

MN71RT,
The Hood piece is very difficult to come by(having yours is a big plus), No repops on them, as for the Fender pieces there are several places offering repops- check prices and check with other members if satisfied from where they ordered from. Please try our FEBO Sponsors First.... (let them know you are a FEBO member) If you hadn't checked, try: RosevilleMoparts.com (Attn-Dave) ; Classic Industries ; Layson's Restorations ( Rick ) ; Tony's Parts ; B,E&A ( Mike) and so on...

There are 3 holes ( 2-along the Front Top and 1-along Front Side ) of each fender.
Plastic mounting plates go into each hole for the Moulding Trim screws to go into and secure the Moulding to the fenders.
If you have these ( plastic plates) then you are ahead of the game!
I have checked some time ago and no one was repoping these. Otherwise you have to craft your own version.
Hope this helps.

Back