• Welcome to For E Bodies Only !

We are a community of Plymouth Cuda and Dodge Challenger owners. Join now! Its Free!

Help me identify my 70 challenger convertible export car

Tony440

Reaction score
Hello,
I am new Here.I own 1970 challenger convertible exported or building ? new to Chrysler Benelux/Antwerpen.

Could you guys provide me any information about this car? I know nothing about export e-bodies.

The car has no fender tags/buildsheets since new,only vin tag and Benelux tag.
It has power converible top,radio delete,power steering,power disc brakes,225 slant six,727,console as well as 8 3/4 rear end

Odd features are german HELLA headlights,clear blinkers,rear fog light and many german/french electrical parts inside engine bay.

I would really appreciate your help regarding information about export cuda's/challengers

Please see attached pictures of the car

Thanks !

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

DetMatt1

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Nice car for starters.
The vin tells us that it is a slant six car and the vin should be stamped on the block and the transmission. I just looked into Ola's E-body convertible registry and your car has not been added yet but the next closest vin in his registry ends in 239864 and it has a build date of January 27th of '70. How about some interior pics?

Tony440

Reaction score
Welcome to the site from the Motor City! Nice car for starters.
The vin tells us that it is a slant six car and the vin should be stamped on the block and the transmission. I just looked into Ola's E-body convertible registry and your car has not been added yet but the next closest vin in his registry ends in 239864 and it has a build date of January 27th of '70. How about some interior pics?
Hello!
Here you have;
How to get the car into the registry?
I was told the car was ordered brand new in late 1969/early 1970 in Nederland..

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Tony440

Reaction score
@cudaized - Ola Nilsson is a member here but may not check in very often. I just alerted him so maybe he will stop by.
Looks great inside and out, has it ever been painted? Original miles on the odometer?

Here's his website too.
Ola's `cuda page
Thx! Yes the mileage is original.The car has been repainted 2 years ago in It's original E5 rallye red color.

Do you know something about number of challengers exported overseas in 1970? I'm trying to find out something without any luck.I only know that the car has some unique features specyfic for Europe such as clear turn signals,rear fog light,special double tone horn as well as hella headlights :)

sdweatherman

Reaction score
Yep, Ola is the guy to talk to - he knows a lot about the E Body convertibles. Send him a message and he will get back to you - may take a bit. Very busy guy. Good luck and nice car!

aussiemark

Reaction score
Those fender tag screw holes look like they have been used at some time, if it never had US style fender tags fitted there should be dimples there rather then used holes.

fk5aar

Reaction score
It does look like there were tags there at some point, is that the original double horn steering wheel or is that aftermarket?

David B

Reaction score
This is the first time I've heard about the convertible registry. I have a 1970 Barracuda restomod so I'll register mine also

IMG_0433.JPG

SAM_3382.JPG

Steve340

Reaction score
The speedometer looks like MPH.
I thought a new export car would have had a speedometer reading in kilometres per hour installed?
I saw a car on YouTube and the owner made a point of mentioning the KPH speedometer.

AUSTA

Reaction score
There should be a number stamped on top of the radiator top support bar R/H side looking from front
Either on top or on the backside of the support near the top curve of the radiator.

aussiemark

Reaction score
The speedometer looks like MPH.
I thought a new export car would have had a speedometer reading in kilometres per hour installed?
I saw a car on YouTube and the owner made a point of mentioning the KPH speedometer.
I'm thinking it may have been built to US spec then modified when it arrived in Europe pre delivery maybe they removed the fender tags and fitted that other tag and made other changes to make it legal over there. I think some early British cars had mph speedos so maybe some parts of Europe were ok with that.

Back